April 29-30 - URRG Monthly Launch - Potter NY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
It's almost rocket flying season in Western NY!

Come join the URRG crew in Penn Yann, NY on Saturday April 29th and Sunday April 30th! The field is huge and flat and the waiver is about as good as you'll find on the East Coast at 18,000'.

I'll be on site Saturday and will have the Simple Circuit Raven expansion board to display and sell. I'll be flying one in a rocket, too!

Direction to the site: https://urrg.us/directions-to-urrg/

Hotel information: https://urrg.us/local/hotels-and-campgrounds/

Local attractions: https://urrg.us/local/attractions/

See you on the field!

Right now, the weather looks potentially decent, and fairly warm. I'd recommend bringing boots though. I expect to be there both days.

Sounds like it's gonna be a good turnout. This one snuck up on me, winter dragged on too long. I need to get a couple things ready to fly.

I can only be there on Saturday, weather permitting I'll be putting Princess Roxie up on a 4grain 98 mm motor. I may have a two grain 75mm sparky AMW motor to fly in my Extreme Dart too. We'll see.

I ll be out that weekend. Planning on maybe Country Charm camp ground sounds like we have a few camping there that weekend already. Going to be a fun weekend. The start of another great season with friends.

Mike Pit should I tell the grey squirrel to be on stand by ? That one tree seems to have a homing device for your stuff. Maybe we should cut the tree down and just wait there for the rocket to come to us. LOL

Last edited:
I got the cabin at Country Charm for Saturday night. Three beds if anyone needs a place to hang there hat. Ill be on the field at 730 am Saturday morning for set up. I see Dutch and mike posted some interesting flights cant wait to see them.

Sorry about the double threads for the same launch... The field is in great shape!

Mike Pit should I tell the grey squirrel to be on stand by ? That one tree seems to have a homing device for your stuff. Maybe we should cut the tree down and just wait there for the rocket to come to us. LOL

Nah Glenn is the one that the tree likes, I am just with him every time he lands in it, come to think of it I could be the common denominator. If I had my way I would remove that clump of trees right in the middle of our rocket pasture and while I am at it I would bury the drainage ditches...I mean what are they thinking!

Nah Glenn is the one that the tree likes, I am just with him every time he lands in it, come to think of it I could be the common denominator. If I had my way I would remove that clump of trees right in the middle of our rocket pasture and while I am at it I would bury the drainage ditches...I mean what are they thinking!

Mike, be happy that the drainage ditches are all that's left of the swamp that field used to be some 40 odd years ago.
Why else do you think that the field is known as a muck field, or that the dirt is so black?

Latest posts

Back