apologies to Flis, my 1.0 version of Spit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacecowboy

Reaction score
I normally shy away from "copying", but with a malformed nose cone in my hands, and an E2X Skywriter just asking to be "parted out", what's a rocket scientist to do ????

I've decided 13mm mini-engine, this thing is only about a foot tall, and doesn't weigh very much.

It's gonna fly straight (which I think it can) or not. Either way, the "rocket scientist" label is on the line. . . .and that really doesn't matter, THIS THING CRACKS ME UP !

I can just *hear* the cries of friends, co-workers and family across the nation...

...OMD, what the he!! are you *doing* to that rocket!!!!...

LOL

wild adaptation!
jim

LOL! That thing is funny! hehe..."everyone, duck and cover! That crooked rocket is on the pad!" I suppose it is a creative usage of left overs. :) I'd like to know if it flies. Let us know how it goes.

Here it is with paint, ready for flight, with a I'm NOT a rocket scientist paint job to match....

Flight report, I hope before Monday.

Reminder to self, keep your eyes peeled.

ummmm...I think it's crooked!

Maybe it's just me...

sandman

So long as the weight is on the pointy end, I think it may actually have a shot! But I agree with Sandman, looks crooked to me! :D

As a matter of fact, I AM A ROCKET SCIENTIST.
Once again, apologies to Flis.

THIS BIRD DOES FLY !!!! To all the naysayers, no "ducking" required today.

Shot #1, went of in a gust of wind, and wiggled and spun, as should be expected.
Shot #2, I managed to send 'er up in a lull in the wind, STRAIGHT UP, no spin, no nothing, maybe one of my cleanest shots ever. it landed about 12 ft from the pad. Long Overdue is purposely placed on the ground in pic for a distance perspective.

Actually, I'm quite proud of this bird, and no SIM whatsoever.

Speaking of LOD, a nice Fliskit, but S/N #28 is a MIA tree ornament somewhere, I looked for it for an hour, even with a nice trajectory spot. WARNING !!!! If you use a short streamer (the crepe paper), and there is any wind at all, this thing is going to lay over horiz. into the wind, and float forever. This happened to me both shots, and I lost it the 2nd one. Man what a bummer !!!! Guees I should order another one.

Originally posted by spacecowboy
As a matter of fact, I AM A ROCKET SCIENTIST.
Once again, apologies to Flis.

THIS BIRD DOES FLY !!!! To all the naysayers, no "ducking" required today.

Awesome! I bet the sense of accomplishment of recycling "broken" parts certainly feels good! So you see, even crashed rockets have a chance at a 2nd life! :D

Back