Apollo LES

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grif Ingram

Reaction score
This is probably the first of a number of similar requests that some people will make: Could whoever posted that great Apollo LES project re-post it, especially the constructional details? I'm doing a related (probably purely theoretical!) design, and it'd be a great help - and besides, it's an impressive project!
Grif

I beleave it was sandman who built and flew the apolo escape tower. I myself would love to build one myself for b-c motors or even d

gordy do you still have the plans? for your bt80 version?

Actually I'm currently building a new BT-70 version Of the PA-2 but it got stalled with all of the kit making and nose cone orders.

Gus built the PA-1 and mine is the PA-2

I'll get back to it when I get caught up.

I tried to upload the pdf of the 1/12th scale Pad Abort but the pdf file was to big so I had to convert it to a jpeg.

Pad Abort 2.JPG

tipglassed.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks! Would I seem greedy if I asked for the constructional drawings, too, in that AutoCAD add-on that lets you convert CAD drawings into illustrations? Anyway, great looking project, and thanks again!
Grif

Thanks! Would I seem greedy if I asked for the constructional drawings, too, in that AutoCAD add-on that lets you convert CAD drawings into illustrations? Anyway, great looking project, and thanks again!
Grif

I'll try to get some posted later.

I'll try to get some posted later.
Hi Gordon!

The bad flu I had forced me in front of the PC instead of the workbench...

I gave the launchpad a try, do you have any more precise infos about it? Basically I scaled it from the picture but I'd like to check it.

2869435719_cdb952d97a.jpg

3257705703_185d3786e1.jpg

Thank you!

This was one of my favorite threads on the old TRF.

Hi Gordon!

The bad flu I had forced me in front of the PC instead of the workbench...

I gave the launchpad a try, do you have any more precise infos about it? Basically I scaled it from the picture but I'd like to check it.

2869435719_cdb952d97a.jpg

3257705703_185d3786e1.jpg

Thank you!

Hopefully Gus will chime in on that since he built the launch base. Basically for the BT-70 version (1/11.7th scale) it's just 1/4" wood dowels glued together.

Back