Ok, as I've already said I'm proceeding really slowly due to being very tired as I get back home from work...
I put the tower assembly aside for a moment and I started putting the capsule mold frame together.
The capsule mold consists of a number of 1/8" lite-ply rings glued to a 3.9" airframe tube (LOC) with 12 interlocking stringers that helps keeping everything were it belongs. The stringers are lite-ply as well.
The biggest ring (the base one) spans roughly 21" but it didn't cause me too much trouble. I brought my plans to the local printing shop and I got them on paper @ 1:1 scale:
Cutting the rings was then a matter of time and patience...
I was able to cut the internal 4" hole without any hassle with my trusty Dremel jig-saw: I was not sure I could do it!
On the other side I didn't realize how much trouble could it be to fit all the pieces together... Despite the many stringers and the inter-locking construction things can get quite annoying at the very first stages.
I was also unsure about the adhesive: I finally opted for the aliphatic resin as it is both practical (no mixing required, no working time) and economical.
I started by glueing all the rings to the bodytube with only 4 of the 12 stringers in place:
I let the glue dry overnight and I then flipped the frame upsidedown reinforcing the joints (the assembly was clamped while glueing so I only had access to the joints from above):
Next came all the other 8 stringers:
Once done with it I brought everything outdoor to take a few pics of what has been done so far: