Apollo LES 4"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gene, yes I'll tell you about it as soon as I can actually measure the final weight.

Fact is, I need a different chute for the first flight to safely recover the entire airframe+capsule and I doubt a single 60" would be enough.

Maybe I could use 2 of the 3 60" together. I'll get back to you with definitive figures.

Do you have any red/white custom chute already in stock?

Hi - Cool then, and no problem using two 60", rather than three.

We do not have any red / white 60" standard chutes made. We sold out of the ones we did have in a few weeks. But we have plenty of red and white ripstop so making a set of three is no problem.

Be sure and order about four weeks ahead of when you need these - we are super busy right now, and to allow for shipping time.

Great project, keep up the good work! A lot of folks over here in California are following it.

Giacomo,

Any news?

Sandman launched his at NARAM 51 :) but I chickened out because of high winds. :(

Here's the launch.

Flight was good except for one thing...notice the igniter cable hanging on as the model left the rod.

This caused it to arc over quite a bit. It looked cool but it took too much altitude off the flight and deployment was about a foot from the ground.:(

Damaged tower tube, easily repaired. I'm glad I used carbon fiber for the tower legs!

But it did look cool!:D

Pad Abort launch.jpg

Here's the launch.

Flight was good except for one thing...notice the igniter cable hanging on as the model left the rod.

This caused it to arc over quite a bit. It looked cool but it took too much altitude off the flight and deployment was about a foot from the ground.:(

Damaged tower tube, easily repaired. I'm glad I used carbon fiber for the tower legs!

But it did look cool!:D

Sandman,

Here's a couple of shots of the same flight I managed to get.

Good seeing you at NARAM!

SandmanPadAbort.jpg

SandmanPadAbortEject.jpg

Sandman,

Good seeing you at NARAM!

Good seeing you too after two years!

That pic looks like it would even fly straight!

It still needs more flame!;) A LOT more flame!

pa-2 takeoff.JPG

Sandman,

Is that a big flaming chunk of something coming out the top?!?

I see nosecone off, no chutes out, and a fireball that got by the wadding and chutes?

Is that a big flaming chunk of something coming out the top?!?

I see nosecone off, no chutes out, and a fireball that got by the wadding and chutes?

Looks like it!

The chutes were fine they just didn't have time to deploy.

Giacomo,

Any news?
Gus, I've been in standby for a while due to the new job and to the holidays (I got back yesterday).

I'll get back as soon as I have something new about the finished model and the first flights.

Sandman launched his at NARAM 51 :) but I chickened out because of high winds. :(
It looked cool anyway! Glad it didn't went too bad in the end...

Nice pic BTW, I personally love the LES!

Back