Apollo 11

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunsen Honeydew

Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone was going to do to celebrate the Anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission. Is anyone going to build them launch a Saturn or what other ideas do people have?

I already have a built Saturn - V (the Estes vintage K-36 kit) I plan to launch sometimes next month. It'll be a five engine clustered flight. Wish me luck :D.

I've got mine ready. 4x13 1x18.

It should be fun! Maybe the CMASS July 18th launch.

I am currently working on a PMC Saturn V..Hope to have it finished up soon and launch it on either the 11th or 12th of July(gotta work on the 16th-the 40th Anniversary date of Apollo 11's liftoff)..It will be 4x18mm with a central 24mm..

Build thread is in the 'Scratch Built' forum..

Here is a shot of a dry fit stack

Saturn V PMC 025.jpg

I'm flying this at RocStock this upcoming weekend on a K185:

SaturnVWithDecals.jpg

I'll fly my Ares V (block II, Block one is half in my grandparents garage, half in a pine tree) Problem is, I have to build it first.

We're having an "Apollo" era themed launch... anything related to the project, either flying or static... by design (I think) the launch will start later in the day to facilitate our second full night launch...!!!

I hope we have a decent moon that night...!!!

During the week of the Apollo 11 mission anniversary, I am planning to launch a Saturn V replica every day as weather permits--even if it's just a Quest Micro Maxx. A demo will be provided for the Civil Air Patrol on a military base that week for their annual Summer Encampment. A tape of the actual Apollo 11 countdown and launch will be played for the launch of my Estes Saturn V, which has been flown solely on Aerotech E15-4W motors.

We're having an "Apollo" era themed launch... anything related to the project, either flying or static... by design (I think) the launch will start later in the day to facilitate our second full night launch...!!!

where at in B'ham?

Watch out, trying to follow a night flying model rocket through a full Moon can be as difficult as following one through the Sun (been there, done that)....

where at in B'ham?

Steward is talking about our July club launch to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing and it will be at the New Georgia Landfill in north Birmingham, the launch is open to everyone. The BRB club website is here https://birminghamrocketboys.com/ with directions and maps to both fields.

Randy and I are planning to fly our Saturn's. If you want to see them go here https://www.vernarockets.com/

Verna
vernarockets.com

Back