Apogee X-15

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job - that's a very beautiful rocket! So shiny too! Would love to see the matte finish to compare, I usually like the shiny look better.

I'd def would put that on a shelf or hang it from the ceiling :cool: šŸ˜

They are backward. National Insignia is always on the right , looking forward for the rear.ce52dbc4c2f0882267c3d1081b7dfab0182fd6a3.jpeg

Damn *facepalm* Stupid me. Thats really embarassing. And that is the point where the decision is made to build that thing again :S

Thank you guys for the heads up... On all my other airplanes they are correct...

I love X-15s and have several versions as rockets and it looks fine to me.

If you're going more for scale, I can see it as an issue then, but these are rockets, so if you plan to fly them, imho all that matters really is that they perform well... looking good is a bonus! :)šŸ‘

Alternatively, just launch it first and if it flies well, see if the issue bothers you enough to fix. Do what will make you happier in the end.

Haha thanks guys :)
Im faceplaming because normally whe it comes to airplanes or anything flying I am the more scaley guy finding those errors with ease :) No worries I like the X-15 as it came out nicely and I hope it flies well :)

Iā€™m finishing up a radical rocketry X-15 but used the Apogee decals. They are good decals, but you only get 3 stars and bars. I also seem to have the wing decals too far forward. Oh well.

Haha thanks guys :)
Im faceplaming because normally whe it comes to airplanes or anything flying I am the more scaley guy finding those errors with ease :) No worries I like the X-15 as it came out nicely and I hope it flies well :)
It's just the wings, right? I'll bet you that you could fix that if you had some extra decals. It's such a beautiful job!

All the jitters go away after the maiden flight.

Maiden-Flight.jpg

Thank you guys :)
Will check your build thread @Doug Rocket šŸ‘

And another update.
The decals have been applied and are now waiting for the softenerr after they have dried thoroughly.
Then a little bit of clear varnish, put the parachute in, weigh it out and off we go :)
I will use a light matte clear coat. This allows me to somewhat conceal some imperfections in the paintwork. A little more sanding would have been good...

View attachment 615796 View attachment 615797
View attachment 615798 View attachment 615799
Beautiful job!!

Back