• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Apogee Saturn 1B kit complete (NOS), $220

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prfesser

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It pains me to sell it but it's clear that I'll never build it...and I'm not a huge fan of the Saturn 1B. And I've gotta start thinning the herd a bit.

I bought both this and the Saturn V when they first came out, so it's been sitting for 20 years. Box is open of course but none of the bags have been opened, nothing has been cut or glued, and everything on the checklist seems to be present and in great shape except as below.

Full disclosure:
  • The undersides of the parachutes are a bit tacky from age. A dose of talcum powder ought to take care of that, or get new 24" and 36" chutes; they're cheap. Or turn the chutes inside out, maybe.
  • One piece of cardstock is brown at one edge, but the discoloration doesn't extend to the transition printed on it.
  • The second shock cord is missing, I've thrown in six feet of Kevlar as a replacement.
It even has the two CD-ROMs with the QuickTime assembly videos on them, though the videos Tim made for YouTube are more recent and are in HD. Apogee has links for all those videos, plus related documentation, download links, and one very minor correction.

Like the Saturn V it uses a single 29 mm motor mount. If I'd actually built it I thought seriously about using eight D motors... The tubes for those motors were sized specifically for the scale model, so if one wanted to do that, a few adapters or a lotta masking tape would be needed.

$220 plus actual postage/shipping, however you want it shipped. I'll repack with plenty of cushioning in the original box. Paypal, check, money order, or cash.

Saturn 1B_02.jpg

Back