Apogee Rocketober Photo Challenge

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like to join the Apogee Rocketober Photo Challenge?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Got an email today about this. In short, it is a daily photo challenge with a rocketry related theme for each day of the month. Read about it here:
https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocketober
For those of us who don't do social media for one reason or another, I'm thinking it would be fun to post your pics here on the forum.
So, guys and gals, what do you think?
No prizes, but I'm thinking it might be a lot of fun.
If there's enough interest, let's make it happen.
Laters.

Fun idea, but way too much work for all 31 separate pictures. There are maybe five of the days that I could do (and perhaps I will). Knowing me you can probably guess which days. :)

Voted in. Will try to post something, but I haven't followed the link yet (firewall at work doesn't allow Apogee's web site). BUt I'll follow along what's posted at least.

Due to the OVERWHELMING two to one favorable response [:rolleyes:] this project will proceed.
I will be posting the header for each days' subject the evening before.
Hopefully you shy silent observers will chip in.
In the meantime here's a link to the .pdf of each day's subject that you can print out.
https://www.apogeerockets.com/downloads/PDFs/Rocketober-Calendar.pdf
Sending an email to Apogee to notify them of our project.
Remember, you can contribute as little or as much as you can.
Keep on rock(ateer)ing!

Oct. 1:
1st - Rocket You're Building This Month - The rocket has to be unbuilt. A picture of the package, or a picture of the parts laid out for everyone to see. Note: You do have to build it because on October 30th you’ll post a picture of the completed model!

The rockets I'm working on are built, just need paint. No pics from me today.

Well it's a bloody cool concept!

I'm working on a Fliskits Frick-n-Frack that I've barely started. I don't have a picture to upload at the moment; I'll try to remember to take one when I get home and, maybe, get it posted before midnight. That'll push me to get it done this month. (It's been sitting barely started for since Winter.)

I snatched it up while he was closing. I wanted one of his sci-fi kits, but I was too late. I got the Frick-n-Frack and a Whatchamacallit.

Oct. 2
2nd - The earliest photo you can find of yourself doing rocketry - You’ll have to dig through your old photo albums for this one. See how far back you can go in history showing you with a model rocket. Tell us in the description the date and situation that got you involved in this great hobby.

35819501_1964106407198904_8475058373044207616_n.jpg

No early photos, this was taken by a fellow club member about 3 or 4 years ago. I was a recent BAR.
When we were kids shooting in the late 60's the LAST thing we were thinking about was taking pictures.
:D

Don't know if I'll be able to participate. They changed my schedule at work, now I don't have time to dig through anything. Gripes, being an adult is no fun sometimes.

Like kuririn I have no pictures (that I know of) from my childhood rocketry days. Here's me with the first rocket I built after becoming a BAR in 2015.
me_w_solar_warrior.jpg

I love that rocket.

Ditto, I looked last night, and I have absolutely none. Despite doing rockets for several decades, I think that the oldest picture I have of myself and a rocket is less than a year old.

1.jpg
Okay so I got a little time this morning. This is the earliest pic of me doing rocketry. My first HPR launch, 2016. My Wildman Sport. I did a few rockets when I was a child but no pictures were taken.

Great shot, Marten. Looks like you're training the young'un early.
Every time I see the King Kraken I start to drool.
My budget only allows me its' little brother.:(
Laters.

Great shot, Marten. Looks like you're training the young'un early.
Every time I see the King Kraken I start to drool.
My budget only allows me its' little brother.:(
Laters.

Thanks kuririn. Yeah, it's a beautiful design, when I saw it, I knew I wanted to build one. My son calls it the Avocado Rocket, he enjoys coming along for launches and sending his own rocket up. Now he wants to build his own Plasma Dart, but I'm not quite sure he's ready for that yet.

Although I was in rocketry way in the past, this is the first picture of me and a rocket just after my L1 flight at NARAM 61 in July.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1564589844644.jpg
    FB_IMG_1564589844644.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 65
Oct. 3
3rd - Rocket T-Shirt - Show us your favorite rocketry T-shirt. Tell why you love it more than all the others in your collection. What’s the back-story?

Back