Apogee Rocketober Photo Challenge

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Would you like to join the Apogee Rocketober Photo Challenge?

• Total voters

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My spook-tacular Halloween lineup:
1030192322_HDR.jpg

Take your ghoulfriend to a party tonight and have a boo-tiful evening.
Happy Halloween!

Tobor

Get your peanuts....
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
  • I'd like to add a clear canopy, but I haven't found one yet.
I have a suggestion. Try model airplane kits or parts. Specifically jet fighters. Lots of variety in the static plastic models and some in the micro R/C airplane (pusher props) category thx to LiPo power.

You should be able to find listings for partial kits on eBay. Also check ads in R/C airplane magazines and associated websites for custom parts. A local hobby shop might have some open box kits they might part with for a price.

mbeels

Yes balsa
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a suggestion. Try model airplane kits or parts. Specifically jet fighters. Lots of variety in the static plastic models and some in the micro R/C airplane (pusher props) category thx to LiPo power.
Yes, that is a good idea. I actually have a few R/C airplane canopies, but they're much too large for BT-60. But you're right, I should be looking at the micro R/C jet planes.

I wish that local hobby shops existed around here. I used to leave near a fantastic hobby shop (actually worked there for a few years, yay employee discount!), but where I currently live there is nothing.

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, that was fun. Thanks to all who participated.
Let's do it again next year!

mbeels

Yes balsa
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
How about a build thread on your concept build?
Got a name yet?
I may do that, I took a few photos along the way in case I decided to start one. I have a tentative name in mind, I'll see if it gels. Either way, I think it will make a good winter project.