Apogee Peregrine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPflyer

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My latest high power rocket is the slightly modified Apogee Peregrine. I purchased the kit last summer with the intent of building it stock and using it for my L2 attempt. Later I decided I didn't want to build another 4" high power rocket with a 38 mm motor mount. I purchased the parts from Apogee Components to install a 54mm mount. I had to cut the fin tabs to accomodate the larger mount and lengthened the booster to leave room for the chute and shock cord. It basically became a Katana with Peregrine fins.
The rocket has an Eggtimer Quantum altimeter with telemetry in the AV bay. The nosecone holds an Eggfinder GPS for the "out of sight flights." The first flight was yesterday and achieved 3565 feet on an AT J270W motor. I have a J415W-14 and K550W-14 ready for the next couple launches.
My walk to retrieve the rocket was only 600'. That's a great flight!

DSC_3155.JPGDSC_3168.JPG

The telemetry reciever has a voice module that i connected to a portable speaker. We listened to the telemetry audio while watching the rocket fly. What will they think of next?

Back