apogee/dynastar parachutes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockwaveriderz

Reaction score
Wihin the past few days I ordered some parts from apogee, basically just some 19mm nose cones and some egg capsules...

Today they arrived and guess what they used for padding? 2 FREE DYNASTAR 32" parachutes!... wow how cool..... They are black and gold colored and i am attaching some pics

Shockwaveriderz,

Thanks for reminding me, I ordered Rocksim v7 and the Apollo Capsule set and my order came with two chutes also. I ment to send Apogee a thank you note. They sure are nice.

Thank You Apogee!

What are they made of? Thin mil plastic, similar to Estes? Or are they "tougher?" Or maybe something else?

I'm eyeballing some of those chutes for me, even if I have to buy them. 32" is a nice, if not relatively odd size.

I did DynaStar's logo, looks pretty nice on that chute! I am using Tim's parachutes for the SHX-15B as well. Seems like a great size for kits of this weight. You can always cut out the logo (gasp!) for a spillhole.

shrox

Originally posted by shockwaveriderz
Wihin the past few days I ordered some parts from apogee, basically just some 19mm nose cones and some egg capsules...

Today they arrived and guess what they used for padding? 2 FREE DYNASTAR 32" parachutes!... wow how cool..... They are black and gold colored and i am attaching some pics

The gold/black chutes were a major blunder by the printer. If you ask me, they look hideous. So we've been giving them away with most every order at Apogee Components. The ones actually shipping with the DynaStar kits are the yellow/black that you see on the DynaStar Mid-Power Rockets web site:

https://www.DynaStar-Rockets.com

I think it's a beautifull chute.!!
mine's hanging above my small work bench.

I may be wrong but I believe It must be the largest of it's kind .

thanks Tim.!

the lines are just where the flash reflected off the fold lines

I agree , they look pretty nice ! Must get my hands on some :p
-Karl

Tim's 32" parachutes will be included in the SHX-15B kits.

shrox

Back