Apogee competition kits from the late 80's-early 90's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPJones

Reaction score
Are any of these still around? These kits had stiffened, black Kraft paper /phenolic impregnated body tubes, super lightweight nose cones, G-10 fiberglass fins, kevlar shock cords, etc.<br> The best was the "Streamliner", a B-C Class 18mm egg-lofter. Just a conical shroud, 2-piece nose for the egg, 3 tiny fins, and a great comp. 'chute made of mylar. I'm gonna repair mine (kevlar shock cord zippered the body), just curious if these are still availiable.<p>Thanks,
Bob

well, *i* still have a few :) I also have a rather large stash of the black-shaft tubing, all sizes. That egglofter is way cool. At the time this came out, Ed Lacroix owned Apogee Components. He had a version of that egglofter with the Aerotech black/yellow trademark pattern on it that I designed for him.

lots of great stuff there. Right up there with Kuhn cones! ( I think Doug Pratt has the tooling for those and still turns them out)

I'd check out Aerospace Specialty Products
https://www.asp-rocketry.com/
They have lots of stuff for contest rockets--thin mylar chutes,
thin G10 fins, Pratt nose cones, kevlar....
Andy has a good line of contest kits, including egglofters
that do quite well in the local contests (CATO)

The new Apogee Rockets run by Tim Van Milligan has a few of the old parts, but they no longer focus on contest rocketry.

I have some of the "blackshaft" tubes that I do not plan on using and would be willing to sell. I think that I have about 6-7 three foot 18mm sections.

Scott

Back