Apogee Aspire + F10-8 = 1 mile high

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weekends

Reaction score
I just received my Apogee Aspire. Along with that order I received an Apogee F10-8 motor. :D

The Aspire is a minimum diameter 29mm bird. The motor has a burn time being just shy of 8.0 seconds.

That equals fun! It should clear 5,200 feet. I don't expect to see it again, but still worth it.

Weekends

The stock kit comes with 4 fins. I think I'm gonna make it a 3 fin design with the same fin pattern. It sims about 300 feet higher and has a sligtly slower velocity at deployment.

Weekends

p.s.
If anyone has a fin marking guide that'll fit a 29mm (1.176 inch OD) body tube with 3 fins that I can print out, I would be very thankful!

This is definitely a neat rocket! I flew mine once (duh) on the F10-8 and it was AWESOME. We actually kept sight of it most of the way, and were able to follow the streamer down. Got a bearing and went on the recondo mission. After quite a while, I found the streamer/NC, but had separated. After another recondo, we finally gave up the body as lost. :(

On my list to get another one...

I attached a picture of it before it flew to the rocket gods.

Enjoy,

I had one, it was the second rocket I built. I set mine up for 24mm motors (we fly on a small field) and ran it with E9-4 Estes motors. The first flight was with a D12-5 and it rocked, I think we got 3 fights on it with the E9-4 before it burned off the shock cord and destroyed the BT on impact. The nose and streamer are still in the tree at the park, even on an E9-4 it's a pretty impressive rocket. It's on my list of get another one also.

Butch

I just got one of those too, and the F10-8 as well. I have no plan what so ever seeing this thing again. (and I can't wait)

I did a similar rocket, OMA1, (One Mile Attemt) only i used a G25-14 motor.

I filled the parachute bay (I mean FILLED) with red chalk tracking powder!

All we saw was a teeny tiny red cloud waaaaaaaaay up in the sky!

Way cool!

Tuff engine to light!

sandman

Originally posted by Weekends
If anyone has a fin marking guide that'll fit a 29mm (1.176 inch OD) body tube with 3 fins that I can print out, I would be very thankful!

Weekends,

I used the Template Widget and PrimoPDF to make the attached PDF file for your alignment template.

If anyone needs me to make them an alignment template, e-mail me @ [email protected] with the tube size and number of fins.

Jason

Those F10's are cool. I lost my Pratt Tohahawk on one. Saw the tracking powder, but that was it. I flew a scratch BT-60 rocket on one. Same thing. At least on this one it was found the next day. You gotta like a motor that you can hear way after you've lost sigh of it.

Jetra2,
Hey thanks!
That helps out a ton.
I tried downloading the marking guide program that goes with Rocsim, but it was all in Spanish. So needless to say, I didn't use it.

Anyhoo, thanks again

Weekends

Yeah, I might have to get one of those little buggers.... Mile high... On an F....:D :cool: :eek:

Cant wait to see how you loose yours!;) :p

Will it be the trees, the lake, or the powerlines?:p

Not to change the subject but,

My Little Brother and I built a one mile attempt rocket based on a BT-56 with 4 oz of wt. in the nose to ballance a G25-10 motor.

Did we make it?

Can someone run a Rocsym on that combo.

It went very very very high!

That G25 motor just kept burning and burning...

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
Not to change the subject but,

My Little Brother and I built a one mile attempt rocket based on a BT-56 with 4 oz of wt. in the nose to ballance a G25-10 motor.

A stock Maniac does just over 4000 feet on a G25-10. The only modifications necessary are a short piece of LOC 29 mm motor tube and a couple wraps of tape for it to fit. No nose weight is needed.

(One more Maniac and G25 in stock :D

Sandman,

Here's the sim you requested. Had to take some guesses regarding nosecone, fins, and overall dimensions, but the design is a standard 3FNC based on a BT-56 main tube and a G25-10 motor.

If the sim is close to your design, looks like you made it!! :D

WOW!

I'll say it made it! And then some!

The speed is what got me! .839 Ma!!!

Zippy quick!

sandman

A fellow, at a launch I attended back in Jan., flew an Aspire on a G80-10 that I traded him. It got up a couple of hunded feet & the fin area(BT & fins) just separated from the body,because of the speed. It was nevertheless a memorable flight. :)

Launched an Aspire with a G25-10... and got it back sans nose cone! Not too shabby from 5500 feet or so. Had to walk about four hundred feet. Fastest and highest flying bird in my fleet so far.

-B

Latest posts

Back