Anything in Manhattan for a Rocketry fans?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
taking my bride to Manhattan in a few weeks, gonna see Hamilton, Phantom, Book of Mormon, and the ain’t Too Proud show on the Temptations.

Anything special in the city for Rocket fans?

Check out the Hayden Planetarium-its one of the better ones and is definitely cheaper than Hamilton!

Have fun,
Fred

+1 on the Hayden Planetarium.
It was recently ( years recently, not months, lol ) redone, supposed to be severely cool, I haven't been there since the redo though..
+1 on the cost of tickets to a musical like "Hamilton", I tried to get tickets to see "Jersey Boys" and nearly fell off my chair..
I saw the "Book of Mormon" last year,, you're going to absolutely love it..
+1 on doing the Intrepid..
I don't know about the winter months, but the aircraft on the flight deck,
the walk through of a WWII submarine ( unbelievably tight quarters ),,
an SR71 and now ( I haven't been there since this ) a space shuttle is on the barge in the next slip..

All in all a super cool time seeing all..

Teddy

taking my bride to Manhattan in a few weeks, gonna see Hamilton, Phantom, Book of Mormon, and the ain’t Too Proud show on the Temptations.
Wow, that is quite an itinerary. Hamilton ticket prices are obscene but the show is really extraordinary. Book of Mormon was a lot of fun; Ain't Too Proud is supposed to be great and Phantom is, well, Phantom.

Second all the other recommendations for the planetarium and the Intrepid.

Sounds like a great trip. Hope we can give you some decent weather while you're here. :)

Anything special in the city for Rocket fans?

I’d go see the American Museum of Natural History. I’m pretty sure they have some important meteorites.

Back