Anyone watching Nightflyers?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So, I'm three episodes in. Not too bad, but apparently I'm easily amused... Or so I've been told. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I'll probably keep going until I get board or too confused... :D

I am not a big fan of Horror in general, but there was enough of non-horror to keep me interested. Not the best Sci-Fi I have seen, but not the worst either. It would have been better if it was a little less cryptic as to what is actually occurring, but I guess that is part and parcel for the Horror genre.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out if it's a horror show with a sci-fi slant, or a sci-fi show with a horror slant...
It's kinda like they watched Event Horizon and Start Trek First Contact and thought, let's mash them together...
I'll watch a few more and see if I'm still interested. Right now, I'm meh... It's not near as good as Dark Matter was...

Yeah, I was trying to figure out if it's a horror show with a sci-fi slant, or a sci-fi show with a horror slant...
It's kinda like they watched Event Horizon and Start Trek First Contact and thought, let's mash them together...
I'll watch a few more and see if I'm still interested. Right now, I'm meh... It's not near as good as Dark Matter was...

That's almost exactaly the way I summed it up to my wife!

You sucked me in.
I set it to record.
I can guarantee I have seen worse scifi movies

M

Mark, I apologize... :oops::oops:
Like I said earlier, it's not horrible, and there are some decent jump scare moments, but it just didn't grab me like Dark Matter did from the get go...
I look forward to your review.

Seems like whenever I like a series on Syfy it gets cancelled.
A lot of series are good for a few episodes them start to really drag, like the writers were not expecting it to last and they are grasping for more plot.

I watched the first episode.
Then deleted all the episodes I had recorded.
I'm not big on movies with crazy psychics as the the main plot. It's a horror movie that happens to be on a space ship.
i was going the write here a bunch of points I hated but will spare you.

M

Stargate SG1 tv series (10 seasons!) is on Amazon Prime now.

I watched it on NetFlix back when I still got discs about 10 years ago.

Series is better than the movie (perhaps a little unusual.). Nice mix of Sci fi, interesting themes, and fun humor. No gore, no f or s bombs. If you enjoy it, there is the Atlantis spin off and SG universe. I really enjoyed all of them.

Laws of physics are routinely violated, but that’s pretty routine for SCI FI

Another good Netflix series “The 100.” Six seasons, and they brought it to a close rather than just abruptly stopping, unlike Veronica Mars (grrrrrhhh.)

Another good Netflix series “The 100.” Six seasons, and they brought it to a close rather than just abruptly stopping, unlike Veronica Mars (grrrrrhhh.)

You have seen the Veronica Mars movie, right? It kind wraps up the series. And word is there's a new Veronica Mars revival on Hulu . I might have to subscribe just for that. Most of the original cast and creator are back.

I watched the first episode.
Then deleted all the episodes I had recorded.
I'm not big on movies with crazy psychics as the the main plot. It's a horror movie that happens to be on a space ship.
i was going the write here a bunch of points I hated but will spare you.

M

Well Mark, I apologize... Again... And you're not wrong... And thanks for not sharing the hate points... :D:D

Back