Anyone use Miller Motor Works in Michigan?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbeels

Yes balsa
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone ordered motors through Miller Motor Works of Jackson, MI? I initially contacted Scott through the web page, and got a reply, but my messages since then have bounced with "mailbox full" errors.

Thanks,

Hello,

Has anyone ordered motors through Miller Motor Works of Jackson, MI? I initially contacted Scott through the web page, and got a reply, but my messages since then have bounced with "mailbox full" errors.

Thanks,
Not lately. He was always more of an onsite club supplier at the field. Not really a mail order guy. CTI only, maybe Loki.

I Use him all the time , will see him tomorrow ...

Mostly loki not much cti left.

I don’t think he ships motors. But I only buy onsite so don’t know for sure.

Thanks for the input, which fields does he show up at? I'll be driving through Michigan in July, and figured I may be able to pick something up.

Hello,

Thanks,

Hi Marten,
That's one of the problems with the internet. Easy to set-up a shop online, much harder to maintain an accurate updated inventory and price list, etc.

https://sfsmindustries.com/MMW/

I think the website might be very out of date. It appears some of the pages have not been updated in 15 years!!! - seems to have lots of CTI motors listed as available - at exceptionally good prices.

It looks like the website allows you to order without clicking the "on-field-delivery" option. It allows you to enter a delivery address - and it charges your pay-pal account.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I'm always looking for opportunities to pick up motors, and launch at new fields. Especially when traveling.

Easy to set-up a shop online, much harder to maintain an accurate updated inventory and price list, etc.

Yes, I'm sure that is true. I won't fault a home run business for having an out of date inventory, I'm sure it is hard enough retailing rocket motors. A lot of small vendors seem to be having a hard time getting CTI motors right now, so I was particularly interested in what looks like a large inventory. But I wanted to confirm and see what he actually has available first.

I won't be in Michigan yet for the July 13th launch, but perhaps our paths will cross. I get to Michigan a few times a year.

Back