Anyone Tried In Flight Abort With a Mini LAS?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yukon@K-9 Rocket Tech

Student, Drone and Rockets, Aspiring Engineer
Reaction score
So recently I've gotten a bit into Launch Abort Systems and made my own miniature version. I can't wait to re-create the upcoming Space X Crew Dragon In-flight abort! Has anyone tried something similar, or a in air star of a cluster? If so, any tips? I want to learn as much as I can before I ever attempt something like it. Here was the static fire, still a million thigns to change and update!

Note I never tried clustering in my life, the solutions discussed in the video aren't the best and I have already gotten a lot of pointers from experienced rocketeers.

Once you get all motors ignited at the same time, could be really cool flight.

Since you've got the motors towards the front of the vehicle, they act as tractors and you may not need the oversized fins on the trunk.

Once you get all motors ignited at the same time, could be really cool flight.

Since you've got the motors towards the front of the vehicle, they act as tractors and you may not need the oversized fins on the trunk.

Thank you and great point! I will need more testing and for sure i hope it turns out cool! Also yes think your right about the fins

Back