anyone know of any ny launches?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
anyone know of any ny launches, other than ldrs, coming up soon... i really need a bigger field to shoot some stuff off, but for now i dont have the time to join a club because my mom and dad have alot of stuff to do lately...

www.CTRA-NARCONN.org

Connecticut based, but has three fields in New York. Cobleskill, Pine Plains and Hurley. I don't know how far you are, but it's a possibility.

www.metrarocketclub.org

METRA is closer to the city, which is probably better for you. I have heard good things about this club.

I drove 2 hours from Hartford to do my L1 @ METRA. While it is in my plans to go to a NARCONN launch at some point, I can say the SOD farm @ METRA is one of the most beautiful launch places in the world...

Of course if you are not flying anything bigger than a full G, you can visit our summer launch site in Durham CT.

Originally posted by DPatell

www.metrarocketclub.org

METRA is closer to the city, which is probably better for you. I have heard good things about this club.

Awesome club, I have flown with them only once, but it was a great launch. Their feild is the best I have ever seen, I would say it is better than the desert, simply because most of the feild is manicured golf course grade grass

Don't know exactly how close to the city you are, but I fly with the GSSS in Bridgewater, NJ probably about an hour outside the city. We launch once a month, usually on the 3rd or 4th Sat. of the month. Luanching low to mid up to F and one pound total weight. Check us out at
https://www.robnee.com/gsss/

Glenn

Back