Anyone know of a "rocket science" door sign? Edit::: I had one designed and you can buy one for yourself.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepOvertone

Reaction score
I'd like to get a sign to hang on the door to my rocketry room. Something like this one but rocketry related..I'd love it if it said, "Go away, rocket science is happening" or "Do not disturb, Rocket scientist at work" Something snarky like that. Anyone have something like that?

Edit::: I had one designed by a friend. Visit THIS LINK if you want to go directly to the sign or go HERE if you want to read a little more about it before you check out the sign.

Attachments

• 5_900x.png
    5_900x.png
    691.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
On Redbubble you can select wall art, put in a rocket related search term, and get a zillion possibilities...

Side question. I have a friend who owns a large product fulfillment business. Their company does laser cutting/engraving and stuff like that. If I came up with a design, would anyone be interested in one? Or perhaps if we all came up with an accepted design together?

Side question. I have a friend who owns a large product fulfillment business. Their company does laser cutting/engraving and stuff like that. If I came up with a design, would anyone be interested in one? Or perhaps if we all came up with an accepted design together?
Depends on cost (including shipping)........
$5 - yes
$500 - Heck no
Depends on where in between...

Go to FedEx office, Kinko's or some place with a plotter and get this printed. Most of them could laminate it too.

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/up_goer_five.png
Which goes to show that there really is an xkcd for everything. I was debating whether to post that alongside my actual NASA blueprint* used as the basis for Randall's poster. That, & a liftoff poster (both at 1:100 scale) were going to be on the wall behind my 1:100 Saturn V (static) model in a corner of my room.

I'd considered a sign. Though I have one, as my workshop also includes storage for our fertilizers, insecticides, gardening tools, etc. I was at the former Westinghouse R & D Center outside of Pittsburgh, which is being demolished :(, and picked up a sign that said "Plant Services Store Room". My wife will be so disgusted. (devilish grin)

* Downloaded and printed to scale, not the real thing.
ETA: I liked the one on Amazon, but it's unavailable. Time for TinEye....

ETA II: https://www.ebay.com/str/newretrosignworks?_bkw=Rocket
I might have to get the launch area warning sign!

Last edited:
Ok, now I've done it. Looking at the ebay link for the signs (one of which would be great for my grandson's bedroom) and ended up buying about $100 worth of Apollo memorabilia. A set of all the mission patches and 5 actual (I hope!) NASA/Gov't Printing office Apollo 16 photos. My wife will be SO happy for me...

Someone could 3d print it for you if you have a bud with a printer.
I have a 3d printer and the skills to design one. I just really like the look of a screen printed metal or plastic sign. Although, I may have one laser cut by my buddy who makes signs.

I had one designed by my buddy that I mentioned previously. These are laser cut out of 18ga powder coated steel. There are three colors available and many different sizes. Go check them out HERE! If you guys have any other ideas for signs, he can modify them to say what you want. All you have to do is let me know what you want it to say and if you want it to have a different icon, you can provide me with that as well.

Back