• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Anyone Interested In Spread Tow Carbon Tubes and Plates

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello TRF, I want to make a big leap on making my signature line of tubing and most especially fin plates in using the cool looking 2x2 twill spread tow carbon.

My plan is to order this material in pre-preg form, however, it has to be ordered in minimum quantity of at least 10 yards. This will be the reason why the tubes will be solded at a really high price, these will not be cheap tubes due to the cost of the material.

I will be offering them in 54mm, 75mm and 98mm. I can do 38mm, but it might be more difficult for me since it is a smaller diameter. Max length of 60” except for the 38mm as the mandrel is only 54” long, I can only do about 48”.

Plate size will be 11” x 35” x 0.125” as it is the only thing that will fit in my oven.

I will do my best to see about getting these tubes sanded smooth for you, I have found a neat trick in getting them sanded with minimal effort.

Prices will be as followed for 60” long except for 38mm at 48” long and tubes will be sanded smooth.

98mm- $320
75mm- $260
54mm- $220
38mm- $147

I can do thin wall for $20 less

11”x 35” 0.125” plate at $180

Remember that this material is very expensive and I hope you can understand why the pricing is high.

Last edited:
Depending on price and dimensions, I’d be interested in a 98mm.

Tony

Dimension for the inner diameter is all I can provide for now at 3.9” to 3.895”, since I have a better grasp of the number of layers to use on the prepreg it will be much easier to nail a close OD to the standard wall at 4.025”. I can also do thin wall.

Since this is prepreg the best part is ensuring to use the same number of layers over and over and it will be the same all the time.

Will definitely need more interest to make the plunge with this. The prepreg is going to cost me $1,000, that is why the prices are high. That is what I need to make and then some to make it worth it in buying this prepreg to make these awesome tubing.

Last edited:
I have updated the first post with the prices for all the tubing sizes I'll be doing.

Back