Anyone here from Idaho Falls, or Rexburg Idaho area??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuddrucker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for anyone here who may be from the Idaho Falls or Rexburg area in Idaho. I am wanting to launch some low power Estes stuff when visiting my son in Rexburg. Don't know what the rules are in Idaho regarding where one can launch legally so I am hoping someone here may live in those areas and can enlighten me.

Thanks.

...Fudd

Fudd,
I am in Idaho Falls. To the best of my knowledge, there are no rocketry related laws.
Well - fireworks may not go in the air, but otherwise none.
There is a lot of BLM ground around, and there is a large expanse of Lava fields to the west of Rexburg. We had a very wet spring, which grew a lot of grass, which is now drying out and so fire danger is increasing, so be wary.
If you are coming for the total solar eclipse, we are expecting from 50,000 to a million people to invade the area. Plan accordingly, shop early and expect traffic jams.
If you are coming for the eclipse and enjoy the music of Pink Floyd, there is a fantastic tribute band performing 3 hours of floyd the evening of the 20th, lights lasers, etc. They are very true to the sound and looks of a Pink Floyd concert.
TimE

There is a football field behind the Idaho Falls Elks Club, at the corner of Garfield and Royal Ave. I lived near there in the late 80's and used it for a launch or 2. Satellite view on Mapquest shows the field is still there.
Looks like Rexburg has a nice football field as well....

Thanks for the info guys. Wife and I are just headed up to Rexburg to visit our son and his wife and our grandbaby. He built a rocket for his son as his first rocket so we thought we could launch it while we were up visiting. Just an Estes alpha so only going up on a B probably and maybe a few others that I would bring.

As much as I would like to see the eclipse we will not be there during that time. Sounds like it is going to be crazy in Rexburg. A friend of mine is going with a couple other people and they are paying $6,000 to rent someone's house for one week. Crazy!! From what they found, prices have sky rocketed for all hotels and people are renting out their homes for crazy amounts and they booked this last year. I guess if people are willing to pay it then good for them. And people think we are crazy to spend what we spend on motors. $6,000 can keep me flying for many years.

...Fudd

Back