Anyone having problems with erockets lately

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtgreig

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to know if anyone else has been having problems with erockets? I placed and order on the 3rd said it would be here by the 7th. I know it is not the 7th yet but there has been no activity on the shipment at all. I have tried email and the phone number they have listed just rings and rings with no answer. Also I placed another order the following day and that order is going to get here today before the first order I had placed. Just kind of seems a little goofy all things considered.i love erockets and I buy quite a bit from them but if this doesn't get resolved I'll have to start looking for a new site to get my kits and supplies. Just curious if anyone else out there has had this problem with them.

Shipments in the US are kinda messed up right now. Tracking numbers take longer than they used to before updating. Arriving to you on a Tuesday when you ordered on Friday seems unlikely in this shipping climate. I recommend patience.

Can't help you with the contact part.

I get trying to be patient and I usually am but I payed to have it shipped priority mail USPS and the order confirmation say it is going to be shipped ups. So I don't feel very good about that . But I have called and emailed all day today and no answer from either attempt. To me if I'm a company and my customer needs help or questions answered I would want to be available to give them those answers so they will continue to buy from me. But there is literally nothing from there end. So I really have no problem with patience but when my 2nd order that I made the following day shows up before my 200$ order and I also got updates all along the way for the 2nd order I'm going to be a little concerned about where my first order is or what part of the process it is at.

I have been trying to reach erockets all day today concerning and order I placed on 12/3. I also placed and order on 12/4 which I have received getting notifications at each step along the way. But my first order I received the confirmation email and I have heard nothing since, when I click the tracking number it forwards me to ups where all it says is that it will update once it reaches the shipping facility. With that being said I paid for priority mail via USPS. Am I the only one who has had this happen? When I call there number it just rings and rings with no answer, with no option to leave a message even. According to the confirmation email I should be expecting my order 12/7 but I am apprehensive to think that will happen. Am unreasonable with the thought that I should be able to contact them one way or another? It is all very frustrating and I hope I'm not over reacting but I spent quite a bit of money and don't like being in the dark as to where it all is in the shipping process. I have always had no problems with erockets but if this continues to go unanswered much longer I might have to find a new vendor due to the complete lack of customer service on there end.

According to the confirmation email I should be expecting my order 12/7 but I am apprehensive to think that will happen. Am unreasonable with the thought that I should be able to contact them one way or another?

During Thanksgiving/Xmas order and shipping madness period - yes, you are definitely pushing your luck. I would not expect shipping to hit the exact dates, at all.
Whatever your issues or questions may be, I would email the vendor and give them a reasonable time window to get back to you. As in days, not minutes.

It is all very frustrating and I hope I'm not over reacting but I spent quite a bit of money and don't like being in the dark as to where it all is in the shipping process.

Unless you dropped 5-figures, you did NOT spend "quite a bit of money".
Stop freaking out, have a drink, and get into the spirit of the season!

ALL retail businesses slow down to a crawl this time of the year.
Unless it's your first Xmas shopping online, you know this as well as anyone.

I have always had no problems with erockets but if this continues to go unanswered much longer I might have to find a new vendor due to the complete lack of customer service on there end.

I'm sure they will be sad to loose an impatient and unreasonably demanding customer.
Or not.
You decide.

HTH,
a

Last edited:
Selecting Priority shipping really doesn't mean anything anymore with the postal service - and good luck with a reliable tracking info too. If it didn't show up in two weeks I'd be concerned. But two days? C'mon - welcome to the Christmas mailing season!!!!!

Thank you I finally got a response, they shipped it ups even though I paid for USPS but no worries just happy that I finally got and answer and I got a package today from and order I placed the day after the initial order. So yeah definitely Christmas season shipping going on.

You kids have it easy today.

Back in January 1970 I placed my first model rocket order with Estes.
There was a 4-6 week wait until the package arrive in my mailbox.

;)
And we had to walk half a mile uphill both ways in three feet of snow to get to the mailbox!

Seriously, I didn't place a whole lot of orders but in the late 60s and early 70s it usually took ten days from mailing the order (from PA) to rocket arrival. I'd go to the post office on the 10th day and wait for the mail to come in. I'm sure the postmaster was annoyed...

Right now is their busy season. I spoke to Randy a couple months back and he said they were already busier than normal. With the labor issues I'm sure they are just running behind due to the holidays or maybe there was an issue with inventory. Leave him a VM or shoot them an email.

You will get your stuff. ERockets is a standup company.

I have been doing a lot of purchasing from various e-bay vendors and I haven't had any delays on any of my shipments.
Some of them have even arrived days before the estimated delivery date.

My last Amazon purchase was practically at my door before I finished placing the order as was my last shipment from Wal Mart.

It could be that erockets, being a mom & pop business, is being overwhelmed with "Christmas orders", which is not a bad thing to be, and is currently caught in a Red Queen's Race with regards to filling those orders.

Last edited:
My last order from eRockets took less than a week to get mailed from Ohio to Oregon. It's now on its way to China.

I made an order on 11/15. It finally shipped on 11/23 and was delivered on 11/29. No explanation for why it took 8 days to finally mail the package. What I'm annoyed about is that PayPal gave me a $2 coupon for my next eRockets order. No explanation for why I forgot the coupon.

I made an order on 11/15. It finally shipped on 11/23 and was delivered on 11/29. No explanation for why it took 8 days to finally mail the package. What I'm annoyed about is that PayPal gave me a $2 coupon for my next eRockets order. No explanation for why I forgot the coupon.
I've seen posts on FB for eRockets recruiting for employees in the not to distant past. From my contacts within the industry, I've heard that the hobby is experiencing a resurgence, and I suspect they're in need of additional help to keep up with the increased demand.

Just be clear; most of us model rocket vendors do not run our businesses to make a living. Many of us have "real" jobs that pay the bills. We are not Amazon or Walmart or any of the other big box stores with automated warehouses full of inventory.

While I hate to say this, at least 60% of the time (and I'm being generous), an erockets ordered contains incorrect parts or kits

One has to wonder if we've all been a bit spoiled by the "Amazon can get it here tomorrow" mentality. Even so, nothing is more frustrating for a customer than any vendor who doesn't respond to emails or phone calls. A little communication goes a long, long way towards satisfied buyers.

One has to wonder if we've all been a bit spoiled by the "Amazon can get it here tomorrow" mentality. Even so, nothing is more frustrating for a customer than any vendor who doesn't respond to emails or phone calls. A little communication goes a long, long way towards satisfied buyers.

Even Amazon isn’t what it used to be.

McMaster-Carr is (Still) fast... Ordered hardware yesterday afternoon at 4:48PM, package arrived at 9:30 this morning...

While I hate to say this, at least 60% of the time (and I'm being generous), an erockets ordered contains incorrect parts or kits

I find this interesting as I order from ERockets on a fairly regular bases. Nose Cones, rockets kits, Fins sets etc etc. In all of the orders I've placed I've only gotten one shipment where they made a mistake in shipping. When ordering some fins sets they accidently sent me two sets of the same fins when I only ordered one set. All other parts were in the box so technically they over shipped. I contacted them and they told me to keep them.

I did have one issue where a kit had a damaged tube. A replacement tube was shipped the same day I reported it. There are a lot of vendors out there that a really not very good but ERockets is not one them. I have had nothing but good experiences buying from them.

Back