anyone going to ROC on saturday

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Englertracing

Reaction score
Hello,
Ive never been to a meet
I dont know who i will need to talk to
Im guessing I will need to join
im looking for my L1 cert
I205 minimum diameter
PB230171.jpgPB210148.jpgPB230177.jpgPB210160 (1).jpgIMAG2977.jpg

Hey, I was planning on going, but won't be able to make it. I'm heading out next month though in an attempt for my L2 cert.

The meets are pretty relaxed. Everyone is friendly, and usually will be more than happy to help you. You don't need to join ROC, although you can if you plan on going out somewhat frequently. If you don't join ROC, you will have to pay a daily fee for flying of $20.

Make sure you know your basics, like where the CP is on your rocket. The hardest part of the L1 cert for me was finding where my rocket landed. Someone picked it up and returned it to the registration desk before I could get out there so I spent over an hour looking for it. It looks like you've got an eggfinder though, so that shouldn't be an issue for you.

Good luck!

If I may ask, your fins, is that an anchor point mounted in the body tube/mm and then the fins slot over? I'm asking because I just completed my minimum diameter and went with a external layup.

Back