Anyone Going to Bama Blastoff?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be going and attempting my L2 there as well? Have you been able to get in touch with anybody there? I have emailed several times with questions surrounding my L2 attempt and haven't been able to get a response.

I've reaching out a few times as well to ask about a L2 attempt. I haven't heard anything back but would be curious to know if they are offering testing and flight certs.

Maybe if we have a few "new messages" on here within a day it will get the thread surfaced in the daily email blast and someone might have some information?

Maybe if we have a few "new messages" on here within a day it will get the thread surfaced in the daily email blast and someone might have some information?
I actually got an answer today. I reached out to Jodie from Dee River and she put me in touch with Steve from Mach1.

Steve said that it shouldn’t be a problem. He said that I could take the exam there as well. Might want to reach out to him either way and let him know so he brings enough copies.

I actually got an answer today. I reached out to Jodie from Dee River and she put me in touch with Steve from Mach1.

Steve said that it shouldn’t be a problem. He said that I could take the exam there as well. Might want to reach out to him either way and let him know so he brings enough copies.

That is fantastic news!! Thank you for sharing.

Rain is never any good for that field, or the access road more specifically. 2 years ago it was a total bust. Hopefully the forecast improves.

On the plus side, the windy app is showing that the rain starts later in the evening. We might have a decent morning Saturday and a rough afternoon. Sunday looks like a wash atm. But! The forecast is always changing and maybe the rocket gods will smile on us.

I also spoke with Ronald Dunn today about the L2 tests and it sounds like Tripoli is set and good to test (Tripoli Club).

They are currently in the process of getting the updated NAR tests and anticipate having a NAR approved test proctor on-site, they just have far fewer available based on rule differences.

Best of luck on all aspects to my fellow cert attempters. I look forward to seeing all of our successful flights ( knocks on wood and a body tube for safe measure )

Back