Anyone flying the Madcow Super DX3?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCrocketfan

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a Madcow Super DX3, with an Av-Bay for dual deploy. However, I'm wondering what kind of altitudes people are reaching on large I's or small J's (AT I600, AT J350, CTI I540, CTI J290), because the sim predictions are 4300 ft, and around 3500 seems more likely.

Anyone flown one and have some information about built weights and altitudes?

Thanks!
-SC

The cardboard version, correct? In dual-deploy configuration mine is about 4 lbs dry and gets to about 3700 feet on a CTI J285 or AT J270.

I used mine for my level 2.

Used a J350 with duel deploy to 3728 ft.

Unpainted with dual deploy, mine came in at about 8 lbs with an AT J350 that took it to 3,374 feet on a very windy day. See https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?54368-TRA-THOR-Launch-May-18. The first flight was on an AT H242 that made it to just 800 feet or so.

It has since been wrapped with a cosmic theme and will be launched at an upcoming LUNAR or TCC launch. Wanna drag race?View attachment 263651

Thanks for the info. Maybe we can do a drag race some time later this year, it may be a while before I get mine.
Also, very cool wrap!

i have a madcow torrent - which is very similar to a super dx3.. i should be at the next launch in june @ TCC. I have a cti j330 ready for it.. maybe we can drag race :)

i have a madcow torrent - which is very similar to a super dx3.. i should be at the next launch in june @ TCC. I have a cti j330 ready for it.. maybe we can drag race :)

Sounds fun, although I'm probably not going to get mine for a few months.

I have the fiberglass version, the pad weight was just over 14 lbs. launched it on a K550 to 5,553'

Mine weighs in at 5.9lbs. (No Motor) On a CTI I345 about 6.8lbs on the pad and 1,780ft. Nice stable flight..short walk with dual deploy.

Last edited:
Back