Anyone ever deal with Twin Line for Kevlar shockcord material

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill S

Reaction score
I'm looking to get some Kevlar line for shock cords for my low powered rockets. I had been buying it in 50ft pieces from Erockets, but I wanted a cheaper source. I found Twinline, and it looks like the Kevlar is US made, which is a definite plus over cheapo Chinese cord.

Just wanted to see if anyone has dealt with them before. Thanks.

I'm thinking of this stuff:
https://estore.twinline-usa.com/collections/kevlar/products/braided-kevlar-110-spools

Thanks. Ordered a 250 foot spool of their Braided Kevlar to try out.

Last edited:
I bought a 250 ft spool of the 110 lb braided Kevlar for $5.60 plus $5.40 shipping, total $11 to PA state.

After action report on the 110lb braided kevlar line from Twinline. The material seems to tangle easily; even when I was adding the kevlar shockcord to my Estes Vapor, it seemed to want to tangle up and knot itself. I should have paid more attention to this clue, because when I launched the rocket yesterday, the kevlar line knotted up in a big rats nest and prevented parachute deployment (which ended up wrapping itself around the rear fin area), and the rocket did a tailfirst descent, damaging the body tube badly.

When I went home, I threw away the spool I had bought. It was false economy hoping to find a cheaper product that worked as well as what I had been previously been using.

I have never had any issues with the previous kevlar I was getting from Erockets, and so I think I am going back to that, even though he only sells what I want in 50 foot packages.

Back