Anyone else miss the 24mm F21 or 29mm G35 Econojets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's also the NAR-decertified motors program (for any motors that weren't decerted due to safety)

Awesome! Thanks for making me aware of that program. I used to buy up econojet motors when I found them on sale. Also have many 29/40-120 & 24/40 reloads that are 20 years old that I don’t know their status . . .suppose I could look up the cert list and find out. Just looked and see I have a 24/60 case . . . do they still make reloads for that case? hmmm, as if I don’t have too many hobby reloads as it is.

Answered my own question by ordering some 24/60 reloads from Hobbylinc. Will come in handy at SARG launches when they resume, as they only allow LPR and MPR due to small field and severe altitude restrictions.

Last edited:
Nice observation :D, I miss them being on the certified list. I could go to a Black Rock launch, help set up on Friday and be able to launch them as EX motors.
Another option - for motors that were previously certified by NAR, permission can be granted to fly them through the expired motor testing program, if they were decertified due to being OOP. I've flown quite a few this way the last few years, and have always been granted permission: https://www.nar.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/NAR-Expired-Motor-Testing-Program.pdf

Pretty sure most of those 24/40 and 29/40-120 reloads are still certified. And yes, we are still making reloads for the 24/60 case, there are four of them.

Awesome! Thanks for making me aware of that program. I used to buy up econojet motors when I found them on sale. Also have many 29/40-120 & 24/40 reloads that are 20 years old that I don’t know their status . . .suppose I could look up the cert list and find out. Just looked and see I have a 24/60 case . . . do they still make reloads for that case? hmmm, as if I don’t have too many hobby reloads as it is.

Answered my own question by ordering some 24/60 reloads from Hobbylinc. Will come in handy at SARG launches when they resume, as they only allow LPR and MPR due to small field and severe altitude restrictions.

Back in the early 2000s as a BAR, The F20/G35 were fun motors to launch large but built-like-typical-Estes-kits off of 1/4" launch rods. Then the F21 Econojet made an appearance a bit later, bringing the fun directly to 24mm Estes models. Have a Stormcaster, for example, that's been launched multiple times on F21s.

My oldest son is started to show a glimmer of interest, so for the first time in a decade, looking what's available in the E-G range. Bummed that the F21 is gone, replaced solely by the F44 which burns for under a second. In the 29mm category, glad to see the F20/F23, but the rest are all fast-burning Fs, and no G35. Yes, there are the competition motors like the F10 and G25, but they are nearly double the cost.

Any chance we'll see more white lightning Economax/Econojet 24mm-29mm motors from Aerotech again like the F21 and G35?
I miss the F21's. They had over 3 second burn. I have 4 and cannot get them to fire.

Back