Anyone care to share your hoilday decorations?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenECoyote

Well-roasted Member
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure we're a crafty lot since we build rockets, so please share any pics of holiday decorations.
.doesn't have to be rocketry related, but I'm sure that's worth a few more likes! :D

Also doesn't have to be your own since it's really cool to see some of the crazier antics...
Screenshot_20221221_195417_Google.jpg

Here's something I thought up last night.

I had purchased the inflatable a week ago and finally set it up dockside on the lake I live on.

The prop spins, so it’s pretty cool, but I figured it needed a bit more "lift", so I built this contraption during my lunch break with wood I had lying around the yard.

20221221_161419.jpg
20221221_190555.jpg
I have "runway lights" on order. :D

I don't have a photo, but my brother and I rearrange my mother's NOEL candle holders to say LEON, a prank my brother started when we were children which we've pulled ever since. Somehow they always say NOEL when we arrive at my folks' place, and somehow they always say LEON when we leave. It's a Christmas miracle! :cool:

Lately my sister-in-law has started rearranging them to say ELON. Maybe I should buy her an Estes Falcon 9 for Christmas. :D

Our house gets transformed top to bottom, inside and out. But with single-digit temperatures over the next few days, this is my happy place.

View attachment 552363
That sir is the neatest and most interesting mantle display I've seen outside of a cozy upscale b&b. Reminds me of some Vermont ski places I've stayed at. :)

I don't have a photo, but my brother and I rearrange my mother's NOEL candle holders to say LEON, a prank my brother started when we were children which we've pulled ever since. Somehow they always say NOEL when we arrive at my folks' place, and somehow they always say LEON when we leave. It's a Christmas miracle! :cool:

Lately my sister-in-law has started rearranging them to say ELON. Maybe I should buy her an Estes Falcon 9 for Christmas. :D
Now that's very funny! It's definitely something I would do to my bestie who moved two houses over from me! :D

I did a silly family Christmas card years ago with a very cool inflatable!
20221222_144105.jpg

I came upon that same rocket inflatable in my basement last week and I was considering putting it up on my front lawn, but didn't have time.

I'd love to put it on my roof one day (I'm known through the neighborhood for my unique rooftop decorations).

That sir is the neatest and most interesting mantle display I've seen outside of a cozy upscale b&b. Reminds me of some Vermont ski places I've stayed at. :)
Thank you! My wife was flabbergasted that you were so impressed! But like I said, she does the whole house, every room. I could keep going and swamp the thread, but here's a couple more, first the kitchen:

20221223_193306.jpg
The bay window in the living room currently holds our Nativity, which is a somewhat whimsical view - if you look closely you'll see the angels weren't quite ready for the birth of Jesus - two are sawing out the Christmas Star, another shines a flashlight down on the manger, still another leads the wise men into the scene by wearing a star-shaped sandwich board reading "Follow me":
20221223_193133.jpg
20221223_193157.jpgI wish I could show you more. We have decorations that were on her grandmother's tree, a candelabra in the kitchen window that we've had since we built the house 44 years ago, dated ornaments (sometimes two) for every Christmas since 1975, our first together (we were married earlier that year).

And if you want to see some of my office done up for Christmas, that would be over on this thread. The grandkids love it. I do, too. This is my 57th consecutive year of watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" at least once during the season.

I am a man most blessed. And when I think of how wonderful it is to have a comfortable home with a blazing fireplace, completely isolated from truly dangerous weather... wow... just wow.

Merry Christmas, one and all, and thanks for reading & viewing!

Thank you! My wife was flabbergasted that you were so impressed! But like I said, she does the whole house, every room. I could keep going and swamp the thread, but here's a couple more, first the kitchen:

View attachment 552769
The bay window in the living room currently holds our Nativity, which is a somewhat whimsical view - if you look closely you'll see the angels weren't quite ready for the birth of Jesus - two are sawing out the Christmas Star, another shines a flashlight down on the manger, still another leads the wise men into the scene by wearing a star-shaped sandwich board reading "Follow me":
View attachment 552773
View attachment 552775I wish I could show you more. We have decorations that were on her grandmother's tree, a candelabra in the kitchen window that we've had since we built the house 44 years ago, dated ornaments (sometimes two) for every Christmas since 1975, our first together (we were married earlier that year).

And if you want to see some of my office done up for Christmas, that would be over on this thread. The grandkids love it. I do, too. This is my 57th consecutive year of watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" at least once during the season.

I am a man most blessed. And when I think of how wonderful it is to have a comfortable home with a blazing fireplace, completely isolated from truly dangerous weather... wow... just wow.

Merry Christmas, one and all, and thanks for reading & viewing!
That's really awesome, thanks so much for sharing! My wife loves Precious Moments and I used to gift them to her in our early years together, so I'll be showing her these pics.

I also feel very blessed and I also wish everyone a Merry Christmas and happy holiday season! 🥰🥳

That's really awesome, thanks so much for sharing! My wife loves Precious Moments and I used to gift them to her in our early years together, so I'll be showing her these pics.

I also feel very blessed and I also wish everyone a Merry Christmas and happy holiday season! 🥰🥳
Oh, you're welcome, I wish we could all have a big party here.

My wife keeps telling me to stop with the Precious Moments (I know better), but twice I've seen something that I know she'd flip over - this year it was the three kids caroling in a snow scene, and they match our grandkids by age (size order) and gender. Both times she would throw the catalogs away, not say anything - what she didn't know was, I get the emails. Both times, I had them downstairs in the basement before she'd even seen the catalog! It's tougher being retired, though, I used to be able to ship things to the office. Getting ahead of her on home deliveries is much harder.

Oh, you're welcome, I wish we could all have a big party here.

My wife keeps telling me to stop with the Precious Moments (I know better), but twice I've seen something that I know she'd flip over - this year it was the three kids caroling in a snow scene, and they match our grandkids by age (size order) and gender. Both times she would throw the catalogs away, not say anything - what she didn't know was, I get the emails. Both times, I had them downstairs in the basement before she'd even seen the catalog! It's tougher being retired, though, I used to be able to ship things to the office. Getting ahead of her on home deliveries is much harder.
I know what you mean...my wife also asked me to stop buying them since we ran out of space in our display case, but then she would see one and say how cute it is or I would find one as a perfect gift haha!

Back