Anyone built the Giblet?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out which metal hooks I'm suppose to use to connect the rubberband to the wing and boom. There are several different shaped hooks in the kit. I know which ones to attach to the wing tips to make them pop open.

Yes, but I don't remember which hooks go where without seeing them, the last ones I built were in 2007. :)

kj

Have it; haven't built it, though. :eek:

Did you try contacting Mark at Venus?

MarkII

I built one, might be able to get pics of it tonight. Note that the hooks/mechanism are the same for the Giblet as the Gizzard, so pics/reviews of either one would work fine.

I do recall the outstanding directions/drawings had a little inconsistency between the hooks shown and the hooks supplied. Mark had been playing around with a couple different approaches, so whatever was supplied tended to be latest/greatest idea.

I found it helped a lot to just swing the wing open and closed a couple times to make sure I fully understood how it moves, then working from there figure out where I need rubber bands to make those movements happen & how to support them ("C" or "L" hooks), then how I'd rig the burn string to prevent that from happening (which gets into the looped "O" hooks and/or "S" hooks).

I have emailed mark at Venus but several days have passed and I have not heard back from him. I'm sure he's a busy guy and will get back to me when he can.

I have emailed mark at Venus but several days have passed and I have not heard back from him. I'm sure he's a busy guy and will get back to me when he can.

He is a busy guy, but I can testify that as long as he got your e-mail, he will get back to you.

Back