Anyone bought E motors from AC Supply lately?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill S

Reaction score
At some point this spring I will probably be buying some E12/E16 motors from AC Supply, and was wondering if anyone knew if they were the older CATO-prone motors, or the new and improved motors that shouldn't be problematic now?

I just bought a ton of them. They were out of stock for a long time and everything I have bought lately has had late 2020 dates on them.

For the record. I've flown almost 200 E and F motors from Estes and never had a failure.

E16's and F15's were out of stock for a long time until recently, so presumably they are all newer ones. E12's might be older but they don't have the nasty reputation of E9's (for good reason, never have had a problem with E12's).

At some point, I am going to work up a local group order for 29mm E and F motors from AC Supply to minimize the impact of the recently increased 37 dollar ups hazmat fee. Should be able to get it down to 1-2 bucks per pack with a good group order.

Today he only has F15-0 boosters showing in stock; no other in the F15 series currently available (He only carries the Estes F15 line for F-sized).

Yep. Aware of all that. I am waiting for them to get new stock of recently produced Estes F15 motors.
If F15 BP motors are all you're buying then Hobbylinc'll save you a ton in shipping costs, though list pricing is slightly higher than Doug/AC. And they have what you want in stock...

As per Estes on the NARCON, Hobby Lobby will no longer carry 29mm motors or rockets that take them. Any you see will be clearance ...

If F15 BP motors are all you're buying then Hobbylinc'll save you a ton in shipping costs, though list pricing is slightly higher than Doug/AC. And they have what you want in stock...

Hobbylinc is about 5 bucks per pack higher than AC Supply. The goal is to make a group order for 20-40 packs from AC Supply. This would add somewhere between $1 and $2 per pack for the prorated hazmat charge, making them a good bit cheaper than Hobbylinc.

Not in a hurry.

I did check with AC Supply, and indeed, all of his E and F motors are new 2021 production.

Back