Anybody know which nosecone is used for the Alpha III?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
I am ordering a few replacement parts, and I'm not sure which n/c to get. It doesn't have to be orange plastic - balsa's just fine.

Thanks.

Stephen

go to JimZ's site for the Alpha plan. That'll give you the part number. If you're getingg your nose cones through BMS, you'll find their equivalent.

The plastic nose cone for the Alpha III is the PNC50K. At one time, it was included among the assortment in the designer's kit - I don't know if it is the new one, but it probably is (I think the 50K is one of Estes' most used nosecones.

Greg Poehlein

Thanks for the replies. As you can see, the little orange one in the middle just doesn't look quite right...
My 15-yr old son's first rocket, he got it when he was a cub scout and it flew 5 or 6 times before the shock cord parted and drifted into the ether along with the chute and the nose cone. After reading some reviews, it seems this might be common to this model. I'll beef it up before next flight...

Stephen

Back