Any WoW Geeks?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
Any 'World of Warcraft' players (Geeks) out there?

I have a few 'toons.. On a few servers..
The main one is now 'Smurtash' (gnome mage) on Draenor, and I'm battling, er, "questing" through Duskwood... (#$%@& spiders!) :D

Naw - I'm a "City of Heroes" guy. Been with it ever since it went Gold. I tried WOW (and Evercrack before that) but just couldn't really get into it. COH is a lot more fun for me.

I play on 6 different servers 4 pvp and 2 pve. My main is lvl 64 undead warlock, affliction spec. I do have a lvl 65 Death Knight that’s blood spec. I have only been back on wow since September. But I started my warlock back when wow first came out.
I started with everquest and played that for a long time. Played guild wars for a while and coh. Love coh but stopped due to a constant mess up on their part.

I don't even have enough time
to go out and play in my real life....
:(:eek:

Naw - I'm a "City of Heroes" guy. Been with it ever since it went Gold. I tried WOW (and Evercrack before that) but just couldn't really get into it. COH is a lot more fun for me.

24 level 50's and counting :D

I play on Virtue server but I started out in Guardian but I really prefer to team so mostly I've been in Virtue due to the numbers. I mostly run tanks with a preference for Dual Blade/Willpower and I love Dark/Dark Defenders.

My Global is Ar Kain, maybe I'll see you around. :)

Main is an 80 Blood Elf Paladin tank named Fyrestrike on the Venture Co server.

GLORY TO THE WARCHIEF!
FOR THE HORDE!

Yep wow geek here:D I have several toons across a few servers. Karnac 80 Boomkin druid...Klutch 72 Unholy DK are my latest.

Am I the only person in the world who has no idea what you folks are talking about?

Actually I do know one thing....

A Level 3 firewall admin can sucker punch at least thirty online game players.

I've got about 20 toons on 5 different servers. My mains are an 80 Troll Hunter and a 70 Orc Warlock.

Now have 3 level 80's.

Yeah, you can tell I've been out of work for a while.

Blood Elf Retribution Paladin
Blood Elf Survival Hunter (Was Beastmaster, but needed to raise the DPS)
Troll Fire Mage

Just started an Forsaken Priest. Think I'm gonna go Shadow with him.

Major MMO player here. I've been playing them since UO was released 12 years ago in '97. Currently mainly playing EQ2.

But I have WoW accounts... EQ1 accounts... You name it, I have an account for it. ;)

Looking at things, you do have to admire how they did things.

2004 - Game release. Something new in gaming.

2006 - First expansion. The Burning Crusade. 2 new races, one of them becoming the most popular race in the game, new world. Lots of new things introduced.

2008 - Second Expansion. Wrath of the Lich King. Game hits 12 million players worldwide, even with Chinese servers offline for over a year. (Still offline now)

2010 - Third Expansion - Cataclysm. Revamping of entire game world as an old enemy resurfaces. 2 new races.

I'm up around 35 Level 50 Heroes in City of Heroes now.

Many of my friends who played WoW have switched to CoH.

One of the main reasons is the caracature generator, there are literally BILLIONS of possible looks. BILLIONS.:y:

I'm up around 35 Level 50 Heroes in City of Heroes now.

Many of my friends who played WoW have switched to CoH.

One of the main reasons is the caracature generator, there are literally BILLIONS of possible looks. BILLIONS.:y:

You know, every new MMO is being billed as the "WoW Killer"

Warhammer
Aion
Eve
The Start Trek one, I forget the actual name
etc...

And yet WoW still continues to grow, and will pass 12 million by years end.

I wonder why, with all these "WoW Killers" out there?

Here's a fun idea: who's in?

We create a guild, on a random WoW server, and just have all of us Rocketeers in it. We'll all take Goblin engineering and make rocket boots and such.

Hell, we could even wait till expansion and all be goblins, heh.

We create a guild, on a random WoW server, and just have all of us Rocketeers in it. We'll all take Goblin engineering and make rocket boots and such.

I can see it know "dragon of war, what was the keyboard shortcut for continuity check?" hahaha

Ben

You know, every new MMO is being billed as the "WoW Killer"

Warhammer
Aion
Eve
The Start Trek one, I forget the actual name
etc...

And yet WoW still continues to grow, and will pass 12 million by years end.

I wonder why, with all these "WoW Killers" out there?

Well, as far as that goes WoW is not the largest MMORPG going, Lineage ll is. 14,000,000 continous subscribers attest to that.

I never said that City of Heroes was a WoW killer, far from it with 150,000 subscribers but, like Lineage, is an NCSoft product that because of Lineage keeps my poor little game going.

Now, if they drop the price of subscription to from $15 a month to the much cheaper price WoW charges I'm pretty sure we'd get a huge boost in subscriptions but, as far as I'm concerned you get what you pay for:p

....rocket boots? How about a Warburg rocket? Warburg is a PVP zone in City of Heroes that you go to to aquire the parts to build and launch a rocket.

p.s.: we have rocket boots, too. The recepie for them have gotten very expensive because of the Iron Man movie:rolleyes:

p.p.s.: this is a posting I made this morning at MechWarriorLeagues.com this morning.

...I'll stick with my 4 year old City of Heroes account. I have 35 Level 50 heroes with more in developement.

As others are working off a list of reasons here's mine

A: With BILLIONS of possible looks no one looks the same from the costume to the color of powers.

B: Flaming swords will automaticaly fade in a short time from non-use as do the maces, guns, axes, shovels(!) and other things.

C: No complaints about the interface. I can't describe it, you have to experence it.

D: Zone maps are zoom and enlargable with your and your teammates positions on the map located.

E: No narration, well certain missions have cut scenes.

F: ...race selection? LOL!! In the caracture generator you can create ANYTHING your little heart desires. From Cat girls to Dragon people, Wolfs , to fat old men(I have all of those )

G: Pets. From Controllers and Defenders with as many as 5 at a time to Mind Masters with 6 pets, undead, thugs, mercs, robots with their own enhancable abilities plus temporary ones your a team all by your self.

H: A Market system where we can buy and sell items and yes, you can play the market to make extra ingame cash called Influence

I: Latest Issue(called that because it's comic book based) you have the ability to write your own storelines of up to 3 missions in length. There have been 16 issues so far.

J: Scalable difficulty, From the levels of the enemys to the number of enemys to weither you have an Arch Villan(or Hero in the case of City of Villians) you pick your own poison as it were.

K: A new auto sidekicking system where differences in level of team members are automatically compensated for.

I could take this to Z but I won't, this is why I see City of Heroes as far superior to other MMORPG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGF0MYORADE this is a great example of the possibilities in costume design. It also shows many of the evil doers you can take on.

My global name is Ar Kain and I play in the Virtue server. Hit me up here if you want a free trial. While somewhat limited you can get the feel of the game, the costume generator is fully accessable, though.

Plus if any that take me up on the offer of a trial upgrade to a full account I get a free month

Last edited:

Yeah, they get a rocket belt, I think. Yes, I'm going to make one anyways. And a worgen.

Major MMO player here. I've been playing them since UO was released 12 years ago in '97. Currently mainly playing EQ2.

But I have WoW accounts... EQ1 accounts... You name it, I have an account for it. ;)

Heh I played UO for almost 10 years. WOW never did it for me though.

I am playing Champions Online (aka COH2) now but I think that's just for the Star Trek beta. ;)

I have a friend that beta'd CO. SOon as it was done he was back to CoH, said it just wasn't very good. A few things were cool but overall...:p

I have a friend that beta'd CO. SOon as it was done he was back to CoH, said it just wasn't very good. A few things were cool but overall...:p

Actually I like it better than COH but then I haven't played COH for probably 3-4 years. ;)

Back