Any suggestions on a launch pad under $200

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can make one a lot cheaper with PVC. Most expensive part was the rail itself. I would guess maybe $100 max (cannot remember what I spent but around that range), Link to the plans is below.

Link to plans

You can make one a lot cheaper with PVC. Most expensive part was the rail itself. I would guess maybe $100 max (cannot remember what I spent but around that range), Link to the plans is below.

Link to plans
PVC is not stable. I used to have one that I modified from a Pro Series ll launch pad. If i tried to launch anything higher than a G motor, it would tip over. I also put PVC elbows on the ends of the legs and drilling holes so I could stake it into the ground but it didn’t work and almost made matters even worse.

The Jaw stand is very nice, but you can get a bicycle stand for under $30 on ebay...
Got the Idea from Dave Weber - MDRA
The clamp easily grips a 1010 or 1515 rail. Attach a 90deg. galvanized pipe elbow for a blast deflector... The tray is good for any tools you might need at the pad, it's magnetic too! And you can still use it for your bike!

s-l1600.jpg

PVC is not stable. I used to have one that I modified from a Pro Series ll launch pad. If i tried to launch anything higher than a G motor, it would tip over. I also put PVC elbows on the ends of the legs and drilling holes so I could stake it into the ground but it didn’t work and almost made matters even worse.

The one that I made, per the plans, has a very wide base and I routinely launch H and I rockets from. I agree that the pro-series pad likely would not work past g motors. Depends on how you design the pad. I probably would not go above I motors, but the OP wanted something under $200. Just providing options if one is handy with tools.

I built one out of PVC with a wide base at first and while it worked, it was bulky and a pain to transport, wasnt really adjustable and i always questioned its stability. For the 50$ i spent on the jawstand, it was well worth it. Everything was recycled from the PVC stand or items I had paying around.

Back