any rocket shops around central NJ??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bxtreme

Reaction score
does anybody know of a hobby shop in central NJ that specializes in high power rocketry?
I haven't found a good hobby shop for high power rocket in my area.
everything i build has to be special ordered or i have to go online and pay shipping and hazmat fees which really add up quick in what i'm finding is not a cheap hobby. But if you want to build sleek rockets i guess it's gonna cost ya.

Bxtreme,

Try Jackson Hobby Shop. He carries planes, traines and there is an isle with rockets. One of those old mom and pop shops just jamed with stuff. Mostly LPR and parts. He has some HPR sets up on the top of the shelfs. But........
if you ask, he has some single use motors in a plastic box behind the desk. He goes up to G-80's. Found my first "Rockets Magazine" there.

They now resided in Wayne on Rt 23 North bound side (south of Riverdale). They moved about 2 years ago due to the owners not renewing their lease.
Zeppelin's carry just low & mid power stuff now, but still stock West Systems epoxy & other hobby related materials.
See this for details: https://www.zephobby.com/id14.html

JD

THE high power shop in NJ is Zepplin Hobbies in Riverdale (near Wayne). It's more northern NJ but I don't know of any other that does HPR. https://www.zephobby.com is the site.

Glenn

Last edited:
You can try www.hangar11.com
He's in NY but if you're flying HPR have you been to the METRA site to launch?
www.metrarocketclub.org ?
Bobby is the onsite vendor there.

If you go the other way to Maryland there's MDRA. www.mdrocketry.org
ken with preformance hobbies is usually there. https://www.performancehobbies.com/

email either one for your order then p/u at the next launch if you're not in a hurry(you'll save haz-mat and shipping, plus you get to fly some.)

Yeah, the METRA site is awesome! Although we are LPR flyers and our club is based in Bridgewater we have gone to every NERRF so far and it's a great time, highly recommended.

I did not know Zepplin moved. Wow, I guess it's been longer than I realized since my last trip there! They used to have big high power rockets hanging from the ceiling, wonder if they still do? Maybe not since they now seem to be out of that market....

Glenn

Zeppelin's dropped HPR stuff due to hassles with the BATFE a few years back. After the lawsuit victory last year, I asked the owner if he will be bringing HPR back, but he was unsure.

Maybe a few more inquiries might convince him that there is a viable market now that the feds are out of the picture?

He still has a few HP rockets hanging around. Namely a PML AMRAAM 3" & a couple others. I usually drop by to pick up some Bob Smith Epoxy, some CA & small stuff. The store is right before the Wendy's.

JD

Yeah, the METRA site is awesome! Although we are LPR flyers and our club is based in Bridgewater we have gone to every NERRF so far and it's a great time, highly recommended.

I did not know Zepplin moved. Wow, I guess it's been longer than I realized since my last trip there! They used to have big high power rockets hanging from the ceiling, wonder if they still do? Maybe not since they now seem to be out of that market....

Glenn

Back