Any rocket people near Alpharetta,Ga or in Ga all together?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrnAgainRoc

Reaction score
Sooo.. Being from GA, the land of zero flat land to launch rockets, I'm trying to find locals whom participate in this hobby just as much as I used to and at the level in which I want to again. I used to have a friend in Roswell (Steve Mashburn) that I would sit and watch build rockets and received a lot of guidance from but he seems to have disappeared now after my long hiatus from rocketry.

Are there any clubs in this area? I reached out to SOAR a while back but never get any response from those guys and they seem to be mostly NAR affiliated and less TRA. It doesn't even have to be a club, but I'd like to be able to find some guys or gals in the area that every once and a while don't mind sitting in a garage working on a project, lending advice and just shooting the crap.

My name is Dallas and I like long walks on the beach. I'm easy going, funny, willing to buy beer on the first date :lol:

Augusta, Ga. here, Sometime fly with SOAR but mostly with South Carolina in Camden, SC, longer drive but good people in this club... second Saturday of every month....

Wow, whats the drive like? It just stinks that there's not people around to hang out in the garage and build stuff anymore. I'm going to look into the site and see what the driving distance is.

I'm rocket people. I live in Buford but was in Alpharetta launching rockets with the SoAR rocket club last weekend.

https://www.soarrocketry.org/

Keep an eye on their schedule, they launch frequently at a school out there - Mill Springs Academy or something like that. They have launches all over the state throughout the year.

If I had a current place out here in Buford I'd invite you to come launch whenever, but the empty field I used to launch on had a building put in the middle of it.

So there's a Mid/ small Hi power club ion Birmingham that flies every month except December (3000; standing waiver). That's ~2.5 hrs from Alpharetta.
There's also Phoenix Missile Works (tripoli associated) a little south of them, but I don't know where they fly exactly since I'm in North Alabama. I hang out with HARA and their field in Tennessee.

Good luck!

So there's a Mid/ small Hi power club ion Birmingham that flies every month except December (3000; standing waiver). That's ~2.5 hrs from Alpharetta.
There's also Phoenix Missile Works (tripoli associated) a little south of them, but I don't know where they fly exactly since I'm in North Alabama. I hang out with HARA and their field in Tennessee.

Good luck!
I flew my LVL 1 at the first Southern Thunder. I've been looking at HARA and PMW as potential clubs. I just wish GA wasn't such a deadspot for the sport/hobby. We all travel 2-3 hours out of our way to fly but there's not many locally to get together and build stuff.

I'm in Woodstock, not far at all from Alpharetta. I fly high power mostly, usually with PMW although I missed this year's first launch last weekend. George

I'm in Woodstock, not far at all from Alpharetta. I fly high power mostly, usually with PMW although I missed this year's first launch last weekend. George
I'm generally invested in the HPR myself. I fly smaller scale versions of my smaller homemade designs to determine characteristics, perfect fin designs and other stuff. But for the most part I'm only interested in completing my levels again and getting back into Ex. If you would ever like to get together let me know. I live in Cumming behind the Dawsonville outlet malls.

D-

I just sent you a PM with names of rocket folks living near you
Thanks for all of the contacts!! I'll reach out to SOAR again to see if there's any interest. I've tried contacting them over the past 6-8 months without any luck. We're all busy with our daily lives that sometimes things slip by.

I flew my LVL 1 at the first Southern Thunder. I've been looking at HARA and PMW as potential clubs. I just wish GA wasn't such a deadspot for the sport/hobby. We all travel 2-3 hours out of our way to fly but there's not many locally to get together and build stuff.

c'mon over to HARA, love to have ya!

The PMW field is in Talladega AL; about 2 hrs from Huntsville. HARA is a good bunch o guys; lots of knowledge too!

fm

c'mon over to HARA, love to have ya!

The PMW field is in Talladega AL; about 2 hrs from Huntsville. HARA is a good bunch o guys; lots of knowledge too!

fm

I think I'll take you up on that. The website is full of information.

Back