Any pets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can you use Rocketman aft closures and still count the motor as certified?

• Yes

• No

• Complicated - see answer in the thread.

• Yes

• No

• Complicated - see answer in the thread.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlueNinja

Reaction score
Hey, what kind of pets do all of you have?

I have 2 tarantulas, a colony of hissing roaches, 2 cats, and a robin that hangs around our yard (it is really social, it'l go right under your feet).

Here they are...

Cats
Bella, Whizzer, Niles, Bugsy, and Sadie

Dog
Buddy (Poor guy, 5 against 1:D )

Hey! What about fish?

I have 8 aquariums. They range from a "betta bowl" to a 125 gal.

Oh yeah, we also have a horse and a stupid cat.

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

That's not counting all the mosquitos and June-bugs all over the outside of the house, or the toads that keep climbing into the dog's water dishes, or the snakes over in the side yard.

I have 2 dogs, we just got a new one who was abandoned, he is a pure bred lab. I also have a bunch of Chickens and some homing pigeons, o yeah and some rabbits

4 cats 1 dog.
1 cat is 17 years old and walks around with his head cocked all the time because of a stroke many years ago.
Another cat 6 or 7 years old is extremely fat. she is part siamese and can be pretty tempermental (maybe just mental)
The other 2 cats where abandoned shortly after birth and hand fed. they are now getting close to 2 years old. One is slightly deformed, has extra claws that make her paws look just like hands.
Our dog, a mixed terrier, surprised us around late January by having puppies. We didn't know she was pregnant.
Being as she is kept in a kennel and has never run loose, as far as we know, it is amazing that she ended up that way.

2 domestic shorthair cats, Buddy and Sissy. Brother and sister, about 6 1/2 years old.

When it comes to rocket building, they love to play with my shock cords and parachute lines. Sissy for some totally unknown reason loves to rub her head against my rocket fins.

I also have a 20 gallon fish tank with about 8 fish in it.

2 Dogs - Sammy (8) & Bruno (13) both purebred Shetland Sheepdogs

1 Cat - George (13)

1 Wife - Karen (29.5 and holding):)

well, we have a 'family' dog, and my bro has a rodent (hampster, but i jsut call it 'tha rodent')... our old dog passed away last fall @ 15yrs old... heres a pic of him w/"Match".

A cat named Jazz. Not just your ordinary cat but, a Bengal. The Bengal is a medium to large domestic feline that originates from crossings of the small Asian Leopard Cat (ALC) to a domestic cat. It walks with its rearend higher than its head. Huge back legs. It doesn't have standard "fur" but, a "pelt", like a rabbit. Soft as warm dough when you pet it. Smart as a whip too. She can jump to the top of the fridge from the floor and never misses.

Originally posted by Stones
A cat named Jazz. Not just your ordinary cat but, a Bengal. The Bengal is a medium to large domestic feline that originates from crossings of the small Asian Leopard Cat (ALC) to a domestic cat. It walks with its rearend higher than its head. Huge back legs. It doesn't have standard "fur" but, a "pelt", like a rabbit. Soft as warm dough when you pet it. Smart as a whip too. She can jump to the top of the fridge from the floor and never misses.

That is soooo cool. I wish I had a Bengal....I just have 2 american shorthair cats, both crazy. Man, can the Bengal go outside? I bet its an awesome hunter!

sheesh, at one time.... (when my son was younger)...

2 cats
1 dog
1 african grey parrot
1 bermese python
1 rat snake
5 mice (no, not snake food!)
1 tokay gecko
1 iguana
1 tranatula
2 hissing beetles
many anoles
many fish
2 kids
and a wife
:D

Now, we have 3 dogs (Springer Spaniel - Maggie, Older cocker - Snowy (she came from an abusive home), a yng cocker - einstien)
and a brand new kitty (Antonio)

Still have the wife and one kid, but the other kid has been pushed out of the nest to fly on his own :)

I will have to say, my all time *favorite* pet was my cat Schmoker. He was a kitten from a litter owned by Roy Clark (yep, *that* Roy Clark). He was a Maine Coon Cat and at his biggest he weighed about 29 pounds and not an ounce of fat on him. when he would stretch out on our couch, his tail would dangle off of one end while his front paws dangled from the other end...

Here is a picture of him. He passed on about 12 years ago at the age of 18.

https://jflis.com/family/friends/images/p7080075.jpg

People often ask me if the squirrels have run of the house, and yes 3 of them do. Then they ask how I train a squirrel not to chew the furniture.

My favorite method of disciplining them is to scold them sternly, then show them a skillet and the cajun cook book. ;)

One Golden Retriever puppy, 6 months old (soooo cute. Just as much energy as all you guys promised, too! :eek: ), and 2 cats. The fat one (REALLY fat) is something like 17 pounds, and the other one is 16 pounds, but he is just big. Only a little fat on that one.

Thats all right now... I used to have a Leapord Gecko and some parakeets, but they died a few years ago... Oh, and a hamster which died last year.:(

I didnt vote since I have all the above.
I have 3 dogs- St Bernard, Yellow Lab, English Setter
1 Rabbit
1 Hamster
2 cats
2 fish tanks- Oscar and Pleco in 75 gallon
1 Zebra Leg turantula
9 painted lady butterflys
1 Painted turtle
6 ducks- 3 blue sweedish and 3 rouins (sp?)
6 chickens
and when I finish my fence we will be getting a pony and a goat or sheep for a buddy for the pony.

Man, I never listed it out like that before. I must be NUTS!

I have one cat, Benji :) He's 16 and is diabetic and has gum problems. But he still manages to fight of cats half his age who try to get into his (our) garden :D

Phil

Just 1 Chinchilla for me ( Barny ) , a rabbit crossed with a squirrel I think . He's about 9-10 years old and as quick as a cheetah!
-Karl

11 weiner dogs, 2 Lab mixed-breeds, one Rottweiler, and a colony of semi-feral cats.

Originally posted by SecretSquirrel
My favorite method of disciplining them is to scold them sternly, then show them a skillet and the cajun cook book. ;)

Or you could just show them a picture of Ted Nugent.

Ok, here's my list.....

1 cat (w 1 baby)
2 dogs
2 horses
3 goats
28 chickens
12 baby chicks (10 days old)
5 fish (20 gallon tank)
empty 125 gallon saltwater tank soon to be filled!!!!

did I read that right!? 11 weiner dogs!??! man, your yard must STINK!!! I wouldent want to go walking out THERE barefoot....:D :eek:

Yea, same with my friend's yard (Neil, you know which one I'm talking bout :D ) He had 3 Cairn Terriers of which one is half blind, and the other 2 just loaf around. He also has a toy Fox Terrier, and that thing's wired as I know it. Good thing though, as it's usually to busy to come up and sniff me.

Originally posted by solrules
That is soooo cool. I wish I had a Bengal....I just have 2 american shorthair cats, both crazy. Man, can the Bengal go outside? I bet its an awesome hunter!
Yes, she can go outside but, we don't take her out. She'll try to jump out the window if she sees any type of animal out and about.
1. I don't think you'd have a chance of getting her back if she decided to run the neighborhood.
2. Because she's a hybrid, she can have adverse reactions to vaccines, i.e., distemper, feline lukemia, etc. If she stays indoors, we aren't required to give all these shots.
Anyways, she has the run of the house, like most cats. ;)
Oh, and she isn't a "lay around and nap" cat. No matter what you're working on, she has to be involved. Very persistent. She's alot of fun.

I have an African Grey parrot named Eljay. I'm like a proud father who brags about his child as it takes me quite a while just for me to list all of the things that she can say (or at least what I can remember of them!) Suffice to say that she can imitate almost any sound around the house & she often calls *me by my name* when she wants attention. There's even a few sounds/phrases that she has picked up that, well, suffice to say wouldn't be proper to post here :eek:

I to have a tarantula. Looks just like yours but a little bigger. Also have 1 dog, a boxer.

Dan

Ain't tarantulas fun? My small one can get 4 crickets dying in its fangs at once :rolleyes: That one also burrows, let me attach a pic of it. This should be the right one.

Ill post a pic of mine in a few hours, at work right now. I have him in a 20 gallon aquarium, have sand, half moss with a fake tree. He has been acting strange lately, not eating. I think he is going to molt. Before this he wouldnt stop eating.

Dan

Back