Any other "Skywatchers" out tonite?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyspike1

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else looking at stars tonight.....Mars is closest in yrs. Clearly visible even with my "El-cheapo" telescope.
Trying to view tonights live-stream video on website; Slooh Space Camera, but having difficulty.....not sure if my computers extremely slow keeping up, or their site having problems.

Been sitting on my front porch debating on whether or not to bring out the scope. Feeling lazy tonight so probably not.

I'd break it out if the skies there are as clear as here......can even see the polar icecaps on surface, (I think im seeing that?)

Moon looks especially vivid tonight also!

Sigh....Cloudy and raining here:mad: Maybe Monday or Tuesday night..Need to orient myself and re-introduce myself to my scope- it's been a while:eek:...

I watched the ISS fly directly overhead and sail through Orion and by the gibbous moon tonight in South Texas.

There is the possibility of being able to see five planets tonight (not all in sky at once) if you have a clear western horizon.

I tried to see Mercury just after sunset while driving home from the Snow Ranch launch today. No luck. When I got home and it was a little darker I tried again but I have no clear view of the western horizon.

Venus and Jupiter are up much higher in the sky. Mars in the eastern sky and Saturn rises after 10pm.

No, I didn't bring out the telescope tonight either. I cleaned motor cases.

*sigh*

Back