Any other birders out there?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only got few shots of birds, my favourite is one of a swan. I'm not a big fan of hissing swans so I was glad of the zoom on my camera!

LOL.... Thats a pretty good pic! My mom raised geese when she was a kid, so I think I have a pretty good idea of what you mean by not being fond of those things......:eek: :eek: :eek: she says they were always biting... Of all the things to keep for a pet....:rolleyes: (she also bred rabbits. she had 30 at one point!:rolleyes: :eek: :cool: They never had any "normal" pets. they never had a cat, they never had a dog, and I dont think they ever had a hamster. Go figure:rolleyes: . They did have bees, though!:cool: She must have had an interesting childhood... ;))

Not much into birds, but around here in DC I have blueJays, Cardinals, RedHeaded Woodpecker that wakes me up every morning. morning doves, Black capped Chickadees, red headed cowbirds. and a Ton of Starlings, Grackles and Blackbirds...which raid my bird feeders all the time.
A few years back my son decided he'd correct the problem with the starlings by building a combination feeder.. a good size birdfeeder mounts on a 2 foot tall 4" x4" in the front yard. OH I forgot to mention we have 4 indoor/outdoor cats:D

Back