• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Any one looking for a BSD Thor?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This kit in this configuration sold for $109.00, I am a huge BSD fan and granted it's OOP however, $149+ shipping....I'll pass. Thanks for the info though...if it was $109 it would be on the way to my house already

Last price for the THOR was 119.00
It's a stock 54mm kit, looks to be in good shape .

and no one has any of these left!

Their rare right now. surprize some one still has one!

For $125, you could get an all FG Wildman Darkstar 4"...new.

For $125, you could get an all FG Wildman Darkstar 4"...new.

But thats a single Deploy version and must be a WCM.

the one on Ebay is a little over priced, someone hope to cash in, on it's rare.

But thats a single Deploy version and must be a WCM.

the one on Ebay is a little over priced, someone hope to cash in, on it's rare.

Having looked at the kit in person (our club gave one away for a launch prize), it would be easy to convert to DD. Actually, you could make it zipperless and use a tether to achieve DD quite easily. The nosecone is a cavern all on it's own--might even be able to put the av-bay in there (vent/switch from bottom of nosecone shoulder)

I've got a 4" Thor and it's a great design--don't care for how easily paper tubing gets damaged over time. When it comes time to replace my Thor, I'll go with a Darkstar--fins are just as cool, but the FG is so much stronger. Just my $0.02, YMMV.

DarkStar is another good choice, but I'm bias both ways.:eyeroll:

I understand from older online reviews you must cut you own fin slots... I've tried with hand tools and it is very diffcult. I stay away from kits like that now.

I understand from older online reviews you must cut you own fin slots... I've tried with hand tools and it is very diffcult. I stay away from kits like that now.

Easy, just need one Exacto knife, clean and exact.
We're losing the Art and craft of the hobby
what next? pre-painted?:dark:

dlb said:
Easy, just need one Exacto knife, clean and exact.
We're losing the Art and craft of the hobby
what next? pre-painted?:dark:

Hey does anyone know where I can get a pre-flown darkstar? And let me know how it was! Buahhhhh ok no disrespect I just couldn't resist!

The THOR deal expired with no bids....shame, but a bit high. :(
I'd have given $100 + shipping :)

Update: Re-listed at $145 (down $5). I doubt it goes at that price either.

Last edited:
The thor is really cool, however, I am more partial to BSD's Little John.

I also really prefer the darkstar, or the raptor as far as split fin rockets go.

Braden

The Thor is one of those iconic rockets that everyone wants or wanted once upon a time.

For me the BSD Diablo pushes those buttons.

Back