Any one have an Alpha nosecone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has an Estes Alpha nosecone they could send my way? Someone gave me an open kit a while back and it seems the nose cone is missing. Thanks! Over 30 years of building rockets and never built a balsa fin Alpha. It's time to fix that :)

erockets.biz should have it instock it fits a bt50 tube
rex

I’m almost afraid to ask.....which Alpha nose cone? There have been at least three different ones (four if you count the few years when the Alpha might have come with an Alpha III nose cone). There was the original BNC-50K balsa one, a blow-molded plastic nose cone that’s pretty close to the same shape, and the narrower blow-molded plastic one that has been used since the early 1990s.

The current one is in the PNC-50 assortment Estes sells. I probably have a spare or two but I’m not at home right now so can’t check. I’ll be back Friday.

Of the two “BNC-50Ks” that I know of that are available, the one at eRockets/Semroc is closer to the original shape than the one sold by Balsa Machining.

Back