Any NFL Fans?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketRob

Reaction score
Hey. I am a new member on the Rocketry Forum and was wondering if there are any big NFL fans on the forum. I am very big football fan, particularly the Dallas Cowboys.

Now is a relatively boring time of year, but in the next few weeks the excitement should pick up with the beginning of training camp and preseason.

I thought I'd start a thread for anyone who wanted to talk football. Is anyone else shocked by the retirement of the Dolphins' Ricky Williams?

I hadn't thought of that.
Something to remember.
Spanks for the idear.
I like football and have ALWAYS been a Cowboys fan, even in the bad years, but I'm no fanatic. I don't stop what I'm doing to watch a game. I cannot even tell you the names of more than 3 or 4 of the Cowboys, but I don't care. As long as they win OR the Steelers, Vikings, and Packers lose, I'm happy.

Greg

Shocked is not the word. I was just about ready to get NFL Sunday ticket so I could see every Dolphins' game this year, and then Ricky retires. That along with the impending NHL lock-out is going to make for a very long winter for me. Yeah, that really sucks!!.........

Guess I'll just have to build more rockets!!

Originally posted by KermieD
COWBOYS rocket?? Nah!! GO PACK GO!!

You betcha! I'm a huge Packers fan (well, not physically huge so much, but you get the idea). I've got season tickets, a share of Packer stock, a jar full of dirt from Lambeau Field, the works.

Too bad I have to live in Chicago. ;)

Nah, GO last years NFC SOUTH Champoins, THE CAROLINA PANTHERS!! You had the Packers rocket, I had a Carolina Panthers rocket (AT Mustang)

Just the other day I was thinking of a HPR that could get a mile up- then I thought I'd have to name it Bronco (get-it? mile high- Denver!)

But since I don't like them, I think I'll have to think about it for awhile longer....

Man, how close can a guy come to hurliing without actually emptying his stomach? This close....

Originally posted by KermieD
GO PACK GO!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Here's my theory on the Super Bowl:
It's only a real Super Bowl if the Cowboys are in it.
It's only "official" if the Cowboys win.
The rest are just games so the third rate teams feel they have some worth on the face of the Earth.
There are no second rate teams; just the Cowboys and the third raters.

Now I REALLY have to look into a Cowboys rocket.

Have a good one,
Greg

KermieD-
I forgot to ask-
What that thing fly on?
A whole lot of hot air?
:D :D :D ROTFLMAO!!! :D :D :D

Just kiddin'.

Sweet lookin' rocket.
Of course, it would be better lookin' if decked out in Blue and Grey.

Greg

Originally posted by RocketRob
Hey. I am a new member on the Rocketry Forum and was wondering if there are any big NFL fans on the forum. I am very big football fan, particularly the Dallas Cowboys.

I don't watch or follow it, but I like the Green Bay Packers.
I like them because at one of their games, Captain Keds came flying out of a big paper mache football with his jet pack, and flew around the stadium. And then they won the game. That was Superbowl I.

And then there was the time Chester Markov, their kicker with 1/2 of a foot, punted into the chest of a Dallas player. It bounced off and straight back into Chester's arms. Chester juggled it five or six times before he got his hands on it. 21 other guys were running all over the field and nobody else had any idea where the ball was at. Chester stared at it for at least a second (the camera was close-up on him by this time; you could see the shock on his face). Then he ran in for a touchdown with nobody noticing. Tom Landry (known for rarely expressing strong emotions) was so pissed that he threw his hat on the ground and stomped on it. I think Green Bay won that one too, but I mostly remember it for Tom Landry's tantrum.

Green Bay has cool games.

Originally posted by 11Bravo
What that thing fly on?
A whole lot of hot air?

Oh, this from the guy who roots for the team that had to put a hole in the dome just to fit the owner's head in the stadium? ;)

It's flown on H242s, I357s and a couple of the Pro38 4 grains. Got a couple of signatures on there too.

Can the Cowboys keep enough guys out of jail to field a team this year? Just curious...

Originally posted by DynaSoar
And then there was the time Chester Markov, their kicker with 1/2 of a foot, punted into the chest of a Dallas player. It bounced off and straight back into Chester's arms. Chester juggled it five or six times before he got his hands on it. 21 other guys were running all over the field and nobody else had any idea where the ball was at. Chester stared at it for at least a second (the camera was close-up on him by this time; you could see the shock on his face). Then he ran in for a touchdown with nobody noticing. Tom Landry (known for rarely expressing strong emotions) was so pissed that he threw his hat on the ground and stomped on it. I think Green Bay won that one too, but I mostly remember it for Tom Landry's tantrum.

Green Bay has cool games.

I was at that game; it was early in the 1980 season.

Yup, it was Chester Marcol, trying to kick a field goal. Although, it was against the Bears. And, Marcol had a full foot (Tom Dempsey was the kicker with half a foot).

The kick was terrible, and Alan Page (a defensive lineman for the Bears, now a Minnesota Supreme Court Justice) blocked it with his chest. Bounced right back to Chester, who, as you describe, was pretty shocked. He ran in in for a touchdown to win the game.

you mean Naughty Foreign Ladies

(post #666 for me! woohoo!)

Originally posted by karatekicker271
Nah, GO last years NFC EAST Champoins, THE CAROLINA PANTHERS!! You had the Packers rocket, I had a Carolina Panthers rocket (AT Mustang)
Make that NFC South Champions and better still NFC Champions. :D

Cat Scratch Fever baby. Only place to be. I only hope that they don't suffer from the Super Bowl blues. Only 1 (Ravens) out of the last 6 Super Bowl teams made it to the playoffs much less getting back to the Super Bowl the year following their Super Bowl appearance. If this holds true the Carolina and New England are in for a tough year.

GO PANTHERS!

Originally posted by Milo
Make that NFC South Champions and better still NFC Champions. :D

Hehehe, SOUTH EAST whatever, there both directions.... lol whatever it is,
GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't if Ricky retired, my blood bleeds orange and aqua, always!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back