Any news on Estes' B.O.S.S. availability?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Order came in on the 12th.
Tracking said ETA 1/24.
So I guess it got on a plane after all.
0115231714[1].jpg

Does anybody know if the other designer series kits also have signed posters for early buyers, or is it just the BOSS?

Order came in on the 12th.
Tracking said ETA 1/24.
So I guess it got on a plane after all.
View attachment 557320

Does anybody know if the other designer series kits also have signed posters for early buyers, or is it just the BOSS?

So far, I believe it's just the BOSS. They did have another signed poster promotion for the Super Mars Snooper and Estes Vintage , but those were limited to 25 each if I'm not mistaken. I missed out on that one.
1673843368471.png1673843385104.png

if Estes is making coin on these posters, then they should make a bunch more. i'd buy just about anything they print for 10 bucks.

Last edited:
ACSupply is selling the B.O.S.S. now for 25 smackaroos. do you think Estes consulted bruce about this kit? 'cause, c'mon... there's only one Boss.
I’m going to roll the dice and hope that they still have the B.O.S.S. on the shelf at the same time as the So Long 😏

Let’s hope they have the falcon 9, I’m gonna wait a bit longer to get it

So far, I believe it's just the BOSS. They did have another signed poster promotion for the Super Mars Snooper and Estes Vintage , but those were limited to 25 each if I'm not mistaken. I missed out on that one.
View attachment 557328View attachment 557329
I was fortunate to jump on the signed snooper/vintage poster offer early, received both signed! I missed out on the B.O.S.S. poster, but a buddy in my club gave his to me. 😁

My first impression of the kit was mixed...the balsa was very weak and "bendy". I actually snapped one of the standoffs for the pods and ended up making them out of sturdier balsa that I had on hand. Considered making all the balsa pieces out of the sturdier balsa from Midwest but everything else should be ok. Early in the build I wished it was a bigger model maybe C and D powered ...but finally all together it's a nice little jewel of a model!

My first impression of the kit was mixed...the balsa was very weak and "bendy". I actually snapped one of the standoffs for the pods and ended up making them out of sturdier balsa that I had on hand. Considered making all the balsa pieces out of the sturdier balsa from Midwest but everything else should be ok. Early in the build I wished it was a bigger model maybe C and D powered ...but finally all together it's a nice little jewel of a model!
...eventually someone's gonna upscale. Reminds me of an upscale Andromeda I saw launched decades ago.

Oh yeah - free AC Supply shipping! :) An heir, a spare, (and a secret stash 🤭 - shh). Everyone needs a "Space Force" Interceptor in the build pile! Was hoping for a 2023 catalog? 😥

3BOSSs.jpg

Thought about getting a LEO Space Train for the pile (They're going OOP - yes?)

I debated whether to cut in half or go as one whole decal. I put the big one off and did the smaller ones to get a feel how they released and if they grabbed right away or gave you some time to move around before they stuck. Since there was some leeway to move around I went with the whole decal as I was concerned about the two halves lining up properly. Just make sure the model surface is good and damp when you release it from the decal paper and have it straight as it slides off! I actually had more trouble with the smaller decals!🙄

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for letting us know - I will stick w the whole decal!

I also left the front ends of the 2 tubes off for now. I'd like to see how it flies first. I can always add them on later.

Also cut real close to black line on circle…so the decal will fit just inside the paper on the balsa circular piece and won’t hang up on the overlapping balsa circle when you slide decal from paper!

Just got mine as a present yesterday and it's still coming with the signed poster.

Back