Any NARAM-63 News?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went out for a few hours, didn't fly but spent most of my time at the sport range talking to people. Met Mr. Professor in person and chatted with him for a bit. Paid my mokan dues after a long hiatus so I can jump back in on the rest of the flying season. Getting reacquainted. Will try to make it back out there this week sometime for some test flights on my new birdies. My little yellow monster has been waiting over a year for it's maiden flight and I was 2 seconds away from filling out a card, but noticed that there was a structural flaw that needed attention...currently soaking in JBweld back at the house.

Windy, but it always is is S/C Missouri

Okay,

I received word from my secret agent who attended the Manufacturers' Forum Saturday night at NARAM-63.

I am just going to repost what he sent me. I don't have any more information than what I was sent.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Notes from the Manufacturers Forum this evening:

Mfg Forum

AeroTech

• 40th anniversary
  • Unusually high product demand
  • ISP work increasing (government projects)
  • Are going to trim ~50 low demand items
  • New website & mobile - 1,000 items
  • E and F Q-jet (24x95) E35, F41 - priced comparable to Estes E16 and F15
  • New HPR motors released and certified
  • New AeroTech facility under construction
  • Focus is on catching up, new products come later

Peter Alway (Saturn Press)

• US Navy missiles of Cold War (similar to Army and Air Force missiles)
  • Many misc drawings

Matt Steele (North Coast Rocketry)

• Javelin sounding rocket ($500), includes lots of 3D-printed parts
  • 3D-printed motor retainer (similar to Estes)
  • Scorch (3D-printed parts, laser cut fins)
  • Launch pad (like Estes PS II pad)
  • Smaller (& cheaper) Javelin kit
  • SLS kit under development

ASP (Bill Dauphin for Andy Jackson)

• Aerobee 300 (18 mm motor kit)
  • Micromaxx and 13mm Astrobee D kits

Altaira (Matt Johnson) & eRockets/Semroc

• N-1 kit (1:112)
  • New version of N-1 book
  • Cremator (fly cremated remains)
  • Russian Space poster

Galactic Mfg

• New line of FAI models
  • Doorknob upgrade parts
  • Estes Citation Patriot upgrade parts

Estes (Ellis Langford)

• New Shepherd (RTF version)
  • Super Orbital Transport (in 3 months)
  • B.O.S.S. (Bill Simon, Signature series)
  • SLS (back in stock soon)
  • Rocket Rewards loyalty program
  • Falcon 9 (before Christmas)
  • SO LONG kit - next year (delayed by Falcon 9)
  • A3-2T and A3-6T “soon”
  • Goex “going good”
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone else attending NARAM-63 who can report?

I’m at NARAM! Only my second one…the first was NARAM 44! Enjoyed seeing lots of familiar though older faces from 20 years ago! Was quite disappointed with winds at Sport Range but yesterday was good! Looking forward to Sport Scale competition on Friday…some unreal models on display! My Roachwerks Nike Hercules was well received on the launch field and I met friend of Gordy the kit developer…Steve Kristal! Really nice rocketeer!

FYI, the sad react was to it being RTF.
Eh, it’s probably the way it had to go in order to secure the licensing from SpaceX - something they and Estes could partner over that’s both flyable and a good static model for SpaceX fans who aren’t model rocketry folks. The SpaceX hardware doesn’t hold much interest for me - nor does the Blue Origin kit or RTF - but I get that it’s definitely something Estes needed to do, there’s an entire wave of space enthusiasts created by what the private launch companies have done and models like this could generate more hobby rocketry people.

Has anyone been following the weather at NARAM? Almost every day has been over 100 degrees. I was told by a flyer that yesterday at 6PM it was 104 degrees! Absolutely brutal conditions. My hats off to the contestants and officials flying in that heat.

Tom Disch

Maybe. I don't believe it will become a reality until the actual SLS flies successfully.

As far as the Falcon 9 Crew Dragon RTF kit: Ellis commented at the manufacurer's forum that SpaceX was very adement about how the kit was presented. In watching Ellis and James Duffy prep the model for a demo launch, Ellis reiterated that SpaceX was hands on and "demanding" (my words) with all the details. The black box with silver writing is commen for their own presentations. The model, display stand, display nozzle, and accessories are all in foam compartments. Big Box. Not so big model. Price...?

Chas

Back