Any "Monster Garage"/"American Chopper"/Discovery Channel fans?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalligood

Reaction score
This past weekend was Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach, FL. I grew up in the area & live only an hour away in Orlando. The wife & I went over this weekend to check out the bikes for a few hours. There was plenty to see but since I've been quite a few times, I really went to see the bikes by West Coast Choppers (Jesse James of "Monster Garage" & "Motorcycle Mania" fame) & Orange County Choppers (The Teutels of "American Chopper" fame). Didn't see Jesse (nor did I expect to) but he brought quite a few bikes...

Jesse's bikes IMHO are the best. The look, the sound, the design. Now I just need to win the lottery...<sigh> :rolleyes: But I pretended for just a minute that this one was mine! (That's me with the red sunglasses & black WCC t-shirt.)

Just across the street was a massive OCC setup. They easily had 15 bikes, most of them were the theme bikes that you've seen built on their shows. Pictures (especially the Fire Bike) don't do them justice. There were several autograph sessions throughout the day & we happened upon one with Vinnie & Rick. Paul Sr, Paul Jr, Cody, & Mikey made an appearance just after we left. The wife & I met & got autographs from Sr & Jr at last year's Biketoberfest...

Here's Vinnie & Rick signing autographs for anyone willing to stand in line.

And if you've been watching "American Chopper" recently, you have probably seen the Police Bike. I dig the sidecar! Here it is...

Also, if you happen to watch some of the other motorcycle related shows on The Discovery Channel, you might be familiar with "The Great Biker Build Off". Here is the bike that Indian Larry (who recently passed away) built for one of the shows... Old school :cool:

Lastly, there are bikes that sometimes just defy description or reason... This one is no exception. It's a Japanese Sport bike covered in faux fur to resemble Spiderman. Crazy!

BTW, if anyone is interested in any of the pics (& I took a boat load!) in a larger file format, PM or email me.

ENJOY!!!! :D

Cool, that show would have been fun. I am a big fan of both the shows and would have loved to see the bikes in person. Thanks for the posts.

I've been a big fan of both shows from the beginning.I kinda wish that the OC guys did a bit more of their own fabrication work though.The 9/11 bike is still my fave.I still can't get over that custon hydrant carb.THAT was a work of art.

I don't have cable/satellite so anytime I get to see it is great!

I prefer the West Coast Choppers. I think that's the name. Anyhow, they put some serious stylin into there bikes. I love almost every bike that they do.

I'm not really a big fan of these shows, but "Wing Nuts" has really caught my attention.

thanks for posting the bike pics ,nice to see the Indian larry bike
I always thought he was absolutly crazy standing up on the bike like that

I have been watching wing nuts lately too ...
hey VJP did you know the big ex - heavy metal singer on wing nuts died reciently also? kind of spooky

Originally posted by vjp
I'm not really a big fan of these shows, but "Wing Nuts" has really caught my attention.

I only saw part of one of these but it looked really cool. They were building tables from the bottom portion of surplus bomb casings. They went to a cool junk yard in Utah (?) that was full of such things. Had me drooling.

Originally posted by dragonshiprider
I've been a big fan of both shows from the beginning.I kinda wish that the OC guys did a bit more of their own fabrication work though.The 9/11 bike is still my fave.I still can't get over that custon hydrant carb.THAT was a work of art.

I couldn't agree with you more! IMHO, the level of work & detail that went into the Fire Bike is unlike any other that OCC has done.

But if $$$ were no object, I'd go with a West Coast Chopper (which is 99% fabricated in the shop). Their bikes have such a raw, clean look to them.

Originally posted by stymye
thanks for posting the bike pics ,nice to see the Indian larry bike
I always thought he was absolutly crazy standing up on the bike like that

That's how he died. He was performing stunts at a motorcycle show in NC just a few weeks ago & fell off, hitting his head on the pavement.

I seen the OCC out hear at Sturgis and meat Vinnie, Mikey and Paul sr and JR. They are all great guys. I have a freind that own a gas station down there and they said they raode their scooters all around. If I had the bikes they do I would not be riding scooters.

Latest posts

Back