Any Judas Priest fans here?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Fisher

Reaction score
-can hardly wait for Angel of Retribution to come out! ROCK ON METAL GODS

Oh YEAH!

The first single from the album ROCKS! I just heard an interview with Rob Halford here in San Diego and he was very cool and quite funny. I saw him on the tour for his last solo album and was somewhat disappointed with the performance, but can't wait to see Priest live when the tour gets back to the states (they are playing Europe first...)

You Betcha!

I've seen them live 4 times, starting with the British Steel tour in the early 80's. The Turbo era was a bit dissapointing. They are the reason Heavy Metal sounds the way it does....

A little factoid: During the Defenders of the Faith tour they played in Oklahoma City. I'm from the Tulsa area about 2 1/2 hours away. Some friends and I decided after a night at the concert we had better stay in OKC rather than try and drive back home. So we got a hotel reservation. We went to the hotel before the concert to hang out at the pool. On the way back up to the room, I'm walking to the elevator and I pass by this guy.

You know how your recognize a face...but it takes a few seconds for it to register...well....it was Glen Tipton...I still kick myself for not turning around and at least saying "Hey".

I was your typical heavy metal honor roll student in high school. :D :D

If Queensryche would tour with the Priest I would probably dig up my old British Steel T-shirt and go. ROCK ON!

Rob bankrolled a weekly entertainment paper I worked for in Phoenix, called "Where It's Hot." It was a pretty awful paper, lasted less than a year. More like, "Where It's Not." He also was helping out a band called "Surgical Steel", they played at mostly at Rockers

WOW, I sure was for a time. Owned every album they made (except Rockin Rolla, which wasn't very good by all acounts) until the middle live album. That was about when I got married and basically lost my music interest for a long time. I never particularly like the several albums like Painkiller that all seemed to sound the same.
I will have to check out the single-- thanks for the tip!

I'm a fan going back to the mid 80's, but I recently heard their new single on the radio and it didn't do much for me...

Glenn

Back