Any interest in large clustered rockets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which type of small screw do you prefer?

• Socket head cap screw

• Slotted

• Phillips

• Socket head cap screw

• Slotted

• Phillips

Results are only viewable after voting.

rocketsonly

Reaction score
Hey all. Cast your votes on 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9 18mm motor clusters! What would you all like to see? Clip whips would be included in the kit. About $35 for a 9 clustered 3.9" kit.
Thanks.

clusters...
GOOOOOOOD

I'm for anything between 3-6. Keep in mind the Hydra 7 problems discussed recently when trying to fire all seven motors at once.

9 motors would be absolutely sweet. If you used high temperature enamel, you might not get any blistering or sagging.

Use paint that is rated to about 500 degrees F.

Back when flashbulb ignition was new (about 1976 or so) At one of the first GLRM meets, I successfully launched a 25 engine cluster that was still legally, at that time, a model rocket (Weighed under a pound, had less that 4 ounces of propellent) It had, if I recall correctly, a D12 and 5- B14's (to get it off the ground) and the rest were either 1/4 or 1/2 A's, to keep the propellent weight down, yet give me the number of engines I wanted. The previous record was 19 engines. I followed that up a year later with a 37 engine cluster. We're in the process of moving (and starting a rocket company....which will have to wait 'til after the move) but I know I have at least 2 or 3 pictures of the rocket and it's flight packed away in my office stuff. I'll post 'em when I find them.

Al

Back