Any interest in a 6 13mm cluster?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket trike

Reaction score
I am looking at my next kit to release. I am think about the small cluster buster. It is a 6 13mm cluster with 6 fins.

Please let me know if this would interest any one I have attached a picture of it.

Looks cool! Reminds me a little of the Custom Land Viper. I like it.

Have you done a sim for the rocket? Any idea what the recommended motors would be, and a max altitude estimate? How about ejection speed? I'm assuming chute recovery, and wonder about stripping the chute or zippering with the relatively short delay on, say, an A10-3T when you boost this rocket under six of them.

Thanks.

Great idea! Huge honkin' fins though should solve the delay questions. :D

Mini-clusters????

I am ALWAYS game for those! :D :cool: :)

BTW, I like the Land Viper styling as well. The finest looking FNC rocket ever kitted IMO.

As far as 6 A10's go, that should be one heck of a flyer, but I think the fins will be more than enough drag to keep it stable.
Oh yeah, would the nose cone on this one wood as well? If so, just to be safe, a few washers on the NC might suffice for greater stability.

Just a plug for rocket trike, if you haven't bought one of his kits yet, he has some of the nicest looking nose cones you'll ever see! The nose cone and kit are certainly in the top flight of quality.

~Nick Quick

I got this rocket out and it is a 7 13mm rocket. I did a sim on space cad and it is a stable rocket. With A3 it gets about 733'

Originally posted by rocket trike
I got this rocket out and it is a 7 13mm rocket. I did a sim on space cad and it is a stable rocket. With A3 it gets about 733'

Try a sim with 7 of these motors:

D40
1/2" diameter, aluminum case reloadable
Length, 5-5/8"
Loaded weight, 27g; propellant 13g Smoky Sam
Total impulse, 20 N-s.

Thrust curve: Note full scale is 25 lb., NOT 250 lb.

Originally posted by rocket trike

Great. What was the speed at ejection, please, and with what delay engine?

Thanks.

The rocket is doing about 30fts at ejection. It said the a 5 sec delay will be the best. I still have to do some testing with this rocket but I just want to see if there is a interest before I spend allot of time testing.

Tom

Back