Any Experience with Tube Launching model rockets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yukon@K-9 Rocket Tech

Student, Drone and Rockets, Aspiring Engineer
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm going to be working on my Javelin missile model rocket soon! The launch tube computer will be controlled by a arduino uno to follow a launch sequence. The idea is to use Co2 to pressurize a 3d printed piston that houses the ignitor to push the vehicle. Then it'll eject the model rocket and ignite it about a second before it leaves the launch tube, which is the reason for the need of the Launch computer. The computer will release the solenoid and start the ignitor with the optimal time spacing. Also don't worry, the launch system will be mounted on the ground, not on a shoulder. Gotta keep it up and follow saftey rules!

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with launching model rockets out of a tube, and if so any tips or tricks? Thanks anyways!

Also here is the older prototype of the missile model on thingiverse (newer version is way better. This version has the CP way to foward unless I have a heavy nose weight ): Tube Launch Model Rocket found on #Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3641568

Thanks everyone!
-Yukon

Back