Any DIO fans here?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Fisher

Reaction score
I just got Master of the Moon & this album rocks hard! I love it!

Ronnie James Dio?

The Heavy Metal singer, who had a stint with Black Sabbath?

Then had a solo career in the lat 80's / early 90's?

Is he still around?!

saw him in concert 2 or 3 summers ago, he opened for the scorpions and deep purple...had the crowd rocking!

Yes he's still around & he never left! HE has been continually coming out with great heavy metal albums in his solo career since 83. I realize that heavy metal isn't top forty music but it is the music that I was listening to when I came of age and have loved ever since. The thing that I like about Ronnie James Dio so much is that he never has changed his musical style through the years to trends and corporate suck-up, sell out styles. DIO's music speaks to me & I can relate to a lot of his lyrics.

I love the song "Dio" by Tenacious D (they rock!!!) where they talk about Dio "passing the torch" to them. haha Ronny James Dio is a man small in stature with a HUGE voice though.

DIO- "The Man On The Silver Mountain" - from Richie Blackmore's Rainbow.

wick

You can throw me in as a Dio fan.Didn't like Sabbath with him quite as well as with Ozzy but it was still pretty rockin'.Although a bit different.

Holy Diver, Last in Line - gotta love Dio! Man, I didn't realize he was still around. Whoever said "Small stature, huge voice" wasn't kidding! That boy has pipes, and a pretty broad range. Great - now I've got Heaven and Hell running through my head...

Loopy

And the flash back to teh 'hari days' in Hi school!!

No spandex, but the leatehr jacket.

Iron maiden & Black sabath (with Ozzy) were my choices. Pitty Ozzy is a little.... Loopy... now..

Originally posted by WickBall
DIO- "The Man On The Silver Mountain" - from Richie Blackmore's Rainbow.

wick

Yeah baby, thats when it was really good. I have that one on vinyl, plus a lot more DIO and I went to the Last in Line concert. Wow that was an age ago.

Scott

Oh yes the memories... Love Ronnie! I didn't know he was still doing music though.

Wow-nice to see some fans of DIO or metal in general on TRF! Your'e never too old to rock, I'm 36 & I'll never give up the metal. If interested check out www.dio.com & get rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob, I past the 50 year mark a while back and I will still be a metalhead when it becomes my time to make the final checkout.

wick

Originally posted by Rob Fisher
The thing that I like about Ronnie James Dio so much is that he never has changed his musical style through the years to trends and corporate suck-up, sell out styles.

He's also had the same hairstyle all these years. Its like looking at Carla Tortelli from Cheers. Not knocking him, though; LOVE his music.

Originally posted by Dr Wogz
Pitty Ozzy is a little.... Loopy... now..

And what, praytell, is wrong with being a little Loopy??? lol

DIO will not change his style for ANYONE!-that even means his hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is why I like him.

Back